Lydia Stevenson, 13, from Cedarburg, appears in First Stage’s PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL, a fun-loving musical based on the popular book of the same name by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, playing at the Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts through March 27.
Lydia has been involved in theater since she was approximately 4 years old, performing in shows at First Stage, school productions and with Danceworks. Her favorite role to date was Winnefred in ONCE UPON A MATTRESS. “I enjoy acting because it lets me express myself and I get to be different people without changing who I actually am,” she said. From performing in shows, she has learned leadership, responsibility and the importance of staying positive. “From being a part of First Stage, I have learned you should always be nice to people and everyone has feelings. You shouldn’t judge people by first impressions and you need to make others feel wanted and appreciated,” she added.
Lydia enjoys the positive energy at First Stage. “My favorite part of performing in PINKALICIOUS is getting to know all of the cast members and becoming one giant family,” she shared.
“Our production creates a playful world of excessive pink, magical transformations and dancing cupcakes,” said First Stage Associate Artistic Director John Maclay, the director of this colorful musical adventure. “Our talented actors, designers and professional shops all played a part in bringing Pinkalicious, her world, her family, her friends, and several dancing cupcakes to life here at First Stage,” he continued.
About PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL: How much is too much pink? Pinkalicious Pinkerton will soon realize how much when she develops “pinkititis” from eating too many pink cupcakes and turns pink from head to toe! What starts off as a dream come true for the pink-loving enthusiast turns into a disaster as her hue goes a little too far! Will her broccoli-eating brother be able to help cure her before it’s too late? Experience this colorful musical adventure, and indulge in the sweetest treat in town!
PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL is recommended for everyone ages 3 and up, and runs through March 27. For tickets and more information, visit www.firststage.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Concordia University Wisconsin Supports Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts
- The Bay Players Announces Cast for Beau Jest by James Sherman