Petri Calls for Artwork Submissions From Local High School Students for Congressional Art Competition
U.S. Representative Tom Petri (R-WI) is calling for art submissions from Wisconsin Sixth Congressional District high school students for the annual Congressional Art Competition.
"I know there are many talented high school artists in our district, and I would encourage all young artists in the District to enter a design." Petri said. "It's an honor to display the talent from Wisconsin's young artists in the U.S. Capitol."
The Congressional Art Competition, voluntarily sponsored by Members of Congress through competitions held in their congressional districts, affords high school students the opportunity to showcase their talents in Washington, D.C.
High school students throughout the ten-county area of the Sixth District are eligible to submit their work for the competition. Each school in the Sixth Congressional District may select up to six student entries to submit, one piece of art per student. Judging will be done by a panel of area artists. Submissions should be delivered to Petri's Fond du Lac office at 490 West Rolling Meadows Drive by Monday, April 22.
The competition will culminate in an exhibit, reception, and awards ceremony to be held Saturday, April 27, in Fond du Lac. Details regarding the exhibit and reception will be released at a later date. The first-place artwork chosen in each congressional district will be sent to Washington to be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year. Last year's Sixth District competition drew sixty participants from nineteen schools.
Artwork entered in the competition must be two-dimensional. Artwork categories include paintings, drawings, collage, prints, mixed media, computer generated art and photography.
Additional information and submission forms and instructions can be found on Rep. Petri's website, petri.house.gov/ArtComp, or obtained by calling Petri's Fond du Lac office at 1-800-242-4883 or 920-922-1180.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Integrated Health Network Adds Director of Program Implementation
- Integrated Health Network Adds Director of Analytics
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Refreshes a Weary Bathroom
- Workforce Development Center's Spring Job Fair
- MFHS ADVANCED PLACEMENT STUDIO ART EXHIBITION
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Two Mequon Homes on the 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Local MOMS Club raises over $4,000 for Ozaukee Family Services
- Support Germantown High School in the Fight Against Cancer