Petri Calls for Artwork Submissions From Local High School Students for Congressional Art Competition
U.S. Representative Tom Petri (R-WI) is calling for art submissions from Wisconsin Sixth Congressional District high school students for the annual Congressional Art Competition.
"I know there are many talented high school artists in our district, and I would encourage all young artists in the District to enter a design." Petri said. "It's an honor to display the talent from Wisconsin's young artists in the U.S. Capitol."
The Congressional Art Competition, voluntarily sponsored by Members of Congress through competitions held in their congressional districts, affords high school students the opportunity to showcase their talents in Washington, D.C.
High school students throughout the ten-county area of the Sixth District are eligible to submit their work for the competition. Each school in the Sixth Congressional District may select up to six student entries to submit, one piece of art per student. Judging will be done by a panel of area artists. Submissions should be delivered to Petri's Fond du Lac office at 490 West Rolling Meadows Drive by Monday, April 22.
The competition will culminate in an exhibit, reception, and awards ceremony to be held Saturday, April 27, in Fond du Lac. Details regarding the exhibit and reception will be released at a later date. The first-place artwork chosen in each congressional district will be sent to Washington to be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year. Last year's Sixth District competition drew sixty participants from nineteen schools.
Artwork entered in the competition must be two-dimensional. Artwork categories include paintings, drawings, collage, prints, mixed media, computer generated art and photography.
Additional information and submission forms and instructions can be found on Rep. Petri's website, petri.house.gov/ArtComp, or obtained by calling Petri's Fond du Lac office at 1-800-242-4883 or 920-922-1180.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month