The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter Honors Competition Winners at Grand Finale Gala
The Wisconsin Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), headqquartered in Brookfield, will honor the winners and all nominees at its annual Man & Woman of the Year campaign Grand Finale Gala on Saturday, May 4, 2013. The event will be held at The Pfister Hotel starting at 5:00 p.m. and will include cocktails & hors d’oeuvres, silent auction, dinner, live auction and announcement of the 2013 Man & Woman of the Year.
The winners are eligible to be honored as LLS National Man & Woman of the Year. In addition to the Gala, winner honors include recognition throughout the region, a full-page advertisement featured in USA Today, local billboard and newspaper recognition, watches courtesy of AC Zuckerman Jeweler, a Cameron Hughes Wine gift card, and the satisfaction that their commitment to finding cures will help families with blood cancer.
Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director, said, “The nominees have worked for the past 10 weeks to raise money for blood cancer research and patient services. In 2012, the campaign raised more than $313,000. This year, together, the nominees hope to raise in excess of $400,000.”
Patients benefiting from this campaign include this year’s Boy and Girl of the Year, Isaac Anderson and Jackie Koenig. These young adults and their families have survived lymphoma and leukemia and are a source of inspiration to the competitors as well as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society family as a whole.
Candidates for LLS’s 2013 Man and Woman of the Year in Wisconsin are:
- Angie Sterling, , West Allis, WI
- Brenda J. Bunbury-Carlson, Sauk City, WI
- Carrie Bilicki, Oak Creek, WI
- Cyrena Martin, Milwaukee, WI
- Gregory Wesley, Mequon, WI
- Joe M Romas, West Allis, WI
- John Klemme, Sheboygan, WI
- Karen Gremminger, MD, Oshkosh, WI
- La Toya Sykes, Milwaukee, WI
- Linda Price Topp, Wauwatosa
- Mark C Lindquist, Sauk Prairie, WI
- Paul Gagliardi, Paddock Lake, WI
- Ricki Ilion, Milwaukee, WI
- Tom Cook, Sussex, WI
- Tracey Ziegler, Madison, WI
- Tre Mantuano, Kenosha, WI
To learn more about this annual Wisconsin campaign, visit: www.mwoy.org/wi/localchapter/sew/finale or contact Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter at 262-785-4225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®, headquartered in White Plains, NY, is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $600 million in research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. LLS has a local Patient Services Manager in 68 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. For additional information, please contact LLS at (800) 955-4572 or visit www.LLS.org
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!