Employers’ Breakfast Meeting May 17 to Focus on Preparing Students with Disabilities for Employment
Area employers are invited to attend a free breakfast meeting about helping prepare students with disabilities for employment from 7:30-9 a.m. Friday, May 17, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. Sponsored by the Leaders of Ozaukee’s Next Generation (LONG), Grafton High School and MATC’s Mequon Campus, the goal of the event is to share with employers about the benefits of offering job shadowing experience, informational interviews and tours for youth with disabilities.
Panelists will discuss how employers can expand their hiring pool, become role models in the community and diversify their workplaces, while offering students a chance to build their confidence, make connections and get a “real world” picture of jobs and workplaces.
The discussion will be held in the Lecture Hall. Please RSVP to Sandra Webster at (262) 238-2205 or email@example.com.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to
complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC
graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Concordia to host free workshop for budding entrepreneurs
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!