Employers’ Breakfast Meeting May 17 to Focus on Preparing Students with Disabilities for Employment
Area employers are invited to attend a free breakfast meeting about helping prepare students with disabilities for employment from 7:30-9 a.m. Friday, May 17, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. Sponsored by the Leaders of Ozaukee’s Next Generation (LONG), Grafton High School and MATC’s Mequon Campus, the goal of the event is to share with employers about the benefits of offering job shadowing experience, informational interviews and tours for youth with disabilities.
Panelists will discuss how employers can expand their hiring pool, become role models in the community and diversify their workplaces, while offering students a chance to build their confidence, make connections and get a “real world” picture of jobs and workplaces.
The discussion will be held in the Lecture Hall. Please RSVP to Sandra Webster at (262) 238-2205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to
complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC
graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays