Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
Every day, Wisconsin teachers strive to fulfill fundamental goals of education: to foster a love of learning and challenge students to try new things to reach their full potential. The goals of virtual education, and virtual school educators, are no different.
Wisconsin Connections Academy (WCA) is an online public school available, tuition-free, to students in kindergarten through 12th grade statewide. Just like traditional brick-and-mortar schools, WCA engages in effective classroom instruction, maintains ongoing communication with students and families, employs dedicated teachers, and offers core academic courses and interesting electives.
I’m often asked what I think makes online learning such a good option for students. I preface my answer by saying that virtual education isn’t for everyone, but for many it is a great fit and I always encourage students and parents to learn more. In my view, these are some of the top reasons students succeed in virtual school:
•Customized Learning. Technology affords WCA the opportunity to adjust learning for each student. Through our Personalized Performance Learning approach, an instruction plan is tailored to each student’s abilities and is built around a student’s background, learning style, academic goals and progress. WCA also offers Gifted and Talented, College Preparatory and Honors and Advanced Placement classes.
•Flexibility. Because students learn from home and aren’t tied to the schedules of their peers, there is more flexibility in terms of where, when, and how quickly – or slowly – they can learn. This flexibility also allows students to pursue their individual interests and needs without sacrificing a quality education. Whether pursuing competitive athletics, performing arts, or addressing personal challenges such as health issues, WCA’s flexibility gives students the freedom to grow and the tools to succeed.
•Personal and Academic Goal Setting. Students enrolled in virtual school are never alone in the learning process. Highly-qualified, state-certified, teachers and staff are dedicated to helping students reach their full potential through goal-setting, course scheduling, personal and social development and post-graduation planning.
For those seeking an alternative to the traditional classroom, virtual education offers a dynamic learning community that focuses on the academic and emotional success of students. For more information on our virtual academy, visit www.WisconsinConnectionsAcademy.com
Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help