It is sad but true that in the U.S. approx. 5 children die every day as a result of child abuse. In 2012, there were 503 reports of possible child abuse in Ozaukee County. Ozaukee Family Services (OFS) child abuse prevention efforts include programs that educate and support families in addition to offering information and referrals to a wide array of community resources. The non-profit agency also presents age-appropriate information to students in schools throughout Ozaukee County.
For the 10th year in a row, nationally known dramatist and academic entertainer Barbara Rinella amused the crowd with her wit and wisdom at the OFS Spring Brunch. While Rinella has certainly kept audiences amused over the years, even more importantly is the impact this event has had on the community. Over the last 10 years, the annual brunch has raised $176,561; including more than $16,000 this year. These funds all go directly to supporting child abuse prevention programs in Ozaukee County. None of this would be possible if it were not for the generous sponsors that supported this event: Graphics Systems, Edward Jones, Johnson Controls, A.S. Korpi, Catnap Communications, Drs. Hawkins, Gingrass & Miller Ltd., Hydrite Chemical Company, Robert W. Baird, Dorothy Jentges-Antoine Memorial, Dan & Paula Switalski, BMO Harris Bank, Visual Image Photography, and Robert W. Baird & Co.
Ozaukee Family Services is a non-profit agency with a mission of improving lives to help families succeed. In addition to its prevention programs and parent education and support, the agency assists families of all shapes and sizes through a variety of programs including: Rainbows support for children who have experienced death or divorce in their family; affordable counseling for individuals, couples and families; and services to help senior citizens continue to live independently. All services are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. To learn more contact OFS at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Concordia to host free workshop for budding entrepreneurs
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!