Concordia University Wisconsin Becomes the Newest WISN-TV "Weather Watch 12" Camera Site
Concordia University Wisconsin has entered into an agreement with WISN-TV in Milwaukee and is now an official “Weather Watch 12” camera site. The camera, which was installed last week, is located atop Concordia University’s Center for Environmental Stewardship along Lake Michigan on Concordia’s Mequon campus.
The weather camera will allow for miles of unobstructed views of the lakeshore and shoreline in Milwaukee’s North Shore communities for use during WISN-TV’s news broadcasts. It’s something that Concordia officials have been working on for quite some time with the television station.
“Not only is it a spectacular view, but it also provides one of the best venues to observe lake effect weather on the Great Lakes,” says Professor Bruce Bessert, director of Concordia’s Center for Environment Stewardship. “This camera will be a phenomenal teaching tool for our environmental programs at the Center as well,” Bessert adds.
“Weather Watch 12 is thrilled to show the rest of Southeastern Wisconsin what everyone at Concordia already knows, the view from there is amazing,” says WISN-TV Chief Meteorologist, Mark Baden. “This new camera provides a great view for us and is great exposure for Concordia,” Baden adds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- Open your home to a life-changing, cultural experience
- Fiddleheads & Wild Birds Unlimitd sponsor art fair
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- High Tea at the Cedarburg Art Museum
- Drink and Draw at the Cedarburg Art Museum
- Digital Darkroom with Walter Healy
- Sweet-heART Cookie Walk
- Pinhole Photography Art Exhibit
- Community Volunteer Opportunities