Concordia University Wisconsin Becomes the Newest WISN-TV "Weather Watch 12" Camera Site
Concordia University Wisconsin has entered into an agreement with WISN-TV in Milwaukee and is now an official “Weather Watch 12” camera site. The camera, which was installed last week, is located atop Concordia University’s Center for Environmental Stewardship along Lake Michigan on Concordia’s Mequon campus.
The weather camera will allow for miles of unobstructed views of the lakeshore and shoreline in Milwaukee’s North Shore communities for use during WISN-TV’s news broadcasts. It’s something that Concordia officials have been working on for quite some time with the television station.
“Not only is it a spectacular view, but it also provides one of the best venues to observe lake effect weather on the Great Lakes,” says Professor Bruce Bessert, director of Concordia’s Center for Environment Stewardship. “This camera will be a phenomenal teaching tool for our environmental programs at the Center as well,” Bessert adds.
“Weather Watch 12 is thrilled to show the rest of Southeastern Wisconsin what everyone at Concordia already knows, the view from there is amazing,” says WISN-TV Chief Meteorologist, Mark Baden. “This new camera provides a great view for us and is great exposure for Concordia,” Baden adds.
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities