Concordia University Wisconsin Becomes the Newest WISN-TV "Weather Watch 12" Camera Site
Concordia University Wisconsin has entered into an agreement with WISN-TV in Milwaukee and is now an official “Weather Watch 12” camera site. The camera, which was installed last week, is located atop Concordia University’s Center for Environmental Stewardship along Lake Michigan on Concordia’s Mequon campus.
The weather camera will allow for miles of unobstructed views of the lakeshore and shoreline in Milwaukee’s North Shore communities for use during WISN-TV’s news broadcasts. It’s something that Concordia officials have been working on for quite some time with the television station.
“Not only is it a spectacular view, but it also provides one of the best venues to observe lake effect weather on the Great Lakes,” says Professor Bruce Bessert, director of Concordia’s Center for Environment Stewardship. “This camera will be a phenomenal teaching tool for our environmental programs at the Center as well,” Bessert adds.
“Weather Watch 12 is thrilled to show the rest of Southeastern Wisconsin what everyone at Concordia already knows, the view from there is amazing,” says WISN-TV Chief Meteorologist, Mark Baden. “This new camera provides a great view for us and is great exposure for Concordia,” Baden adds.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues