The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) is featuring a trip to Amish country on Friday, September 20. The bus will leave the SSRC at 7:00 a.m. and return at approximately 7:00 p.m.
The route will pass through the Horicon Marsh area, known for its migrant flocks of Canada geese and home to more than 305 kinds of birds. The tour in Amish country will include visits to a cheese factory, bakery, general store and wood shop. Lunch will be buffet style at the historic Kingston House, built in 1846. After lunch, there will be a visit to an Amish school and participants will have the opportunity to talk with the teacher and students. While there is not a lot of walking, there is a lot of getting on and off the bus.
The cost for the tour is $67 for Shorewood residents and $70 for non-residents and includes lunch and deluxe motorcoach transportation. No seats will be held without payment and a completed reservation form (available at the SSRC office or e-mailed by request).
For more information and to register for the tour, please contact Elizabeth Price, SSRC Coordinator, at (414) 847-2727 or email@example.com by Thursday, September 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14