Recycle electronics, appliances Sept. 14th at Unitarian Church North
Unitarian Church North is hosting its third annual Household Electronics Recycling event on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church, 13800 N. Port Washington Road. This year the church will also accept dehumidifiers and major household appliances. There is a $10 fee per car, plus a $10 charge for each TV (excludes PC and laptop monitors). An additional donation is suggested for each dehumidifier and major appliance. Everything else is recycled free of charge. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event – all are welcome.
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and all other consumer electronics. This year the church will also accept all types of batteries, microwaves, dehumidifiers and larger appliances.
Items not accepted include: light bulbs and non-electrical material.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist tradition, and it’s something we take seriously,” said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month