Recycle electronics, appliances Sept. 14th at Unitarian Church North
Unitarian Church North is hosting its third annual Household Electronics Recycling event on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church, 13800 N. Port Washington Road. This year the church will also accept dehumidifiers and major household appliances. There is a $10 fee per car, plus a $10 charge for each TV (excludes PC and laptop monitors). An additional donation is suggested for each dehumidifier and major appliance. Everything else is recycled free of charge. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event – all are welcome.
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and all other consumer electronics. This year the church will also accept all types of batteries, microwaves, dehumidifiers and larger appliances.
Items not accepted include: light bulbs and non-electrical material.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist tradition, and it’s something we take seriously,” said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures