WHITEFISH BAY, Wis. – Dominican High School’s award-winning Theater Department is proud to present their production of the Irish drama Translations, October 3-6, 2013. Set in August 1833, Translations is centered around a hedge-school in the Irish town of Baile Beag. The town is visited by the English Royal Engineers, who are translating the traditional Gaelic place names into English for a map survey of Ireland. The characters struggle to communicate with one another resulting in a series of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. With a beautiful script and language, great character and ensemble work, a love story, and wonderful Irish history, Translations will give you a glimpse into the culture and language of Ireland.
All performances will take place in the Little Theatre at Dominican High School located at 120 E. Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Performance dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, October 3 7:00pm
Friday, October 4 7:30pm
Saturday, October 5 7:30pm
Sunday, October 6 3:00pm
Dominican High School is a leader in secondary education, providing young men and women with a quality, Catholic college-preparatory education in a supportive, nurturing environment. Founded over 50 years ago by the Sinsinawa Dominicans and based in Whitefish Bay, Wis., Dominican’s diverse population draws students from more than 50 grade schools and four counties across southeastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month