Join us for the first annual Brookfield Village Art & Spirit Crawl on Friday, November 1, 2013, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. along Brookfield Road, between North Avenue and Burleigh.
Works from over 30 area artists will be displayed including featured artist Marina Lee and her larger-than- life fiberglass creations. This event is hosted by local business members of Brookfield Village Ltd. and kindly underwritten by “Master Artist” Wheaton Franciscan-Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, event sponsor.
For a relaxing start to your weekend, take a leisurely stroll through the Village. View one-of-a-kind artwork that covers the entire creative spectrum from stone work to photography and spinning to stained glass. Talk with talented artists. And, perhaps, purchase a unique piece as a special gift or a self-indulgent treat!
Local talent will supply a wide variety of live music and neighboring businesses will offer a varied selection of beverages. Maps will be available at participating businesses to ensure that you don’t miss a single stop!
Earlier in the day, there will be a sneak preview and reception for the public and press to greet artist Marina Lee and her ginormous fiberglass animal creations. City of Brookfield Mayor Steve Ponto will speak at 11:00 a.m. at MLS Educare, 2850 N Brookfield Road, to welcome Marina and other artists. Afterwards, Vino Cappuccino will serve free pizza from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Parking is available on Brookfield Road, in the Pleasant Street parking lot and at participating businesses. Additional parking is available at McCoy Field Park--west of Brookfield Road on Wilderness Way.
Brookfield Village Ltd. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of Brookfield Village as a center of community activity and a great location for specialty retail and service businesses. The group meets the first Wednesday of each month. All activities are funded by volunteer time and effort. For more information, visit the website http://brookfieldvillagewi.wix.com/brookfield-vill-ltd#, Facebook Brookfield Village, Ltd. or Twitter @BrkfieldVillage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll! (1)
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice