The Alleluia Ringers of Concordia University Wisconsin, under the direction of Dr. John Behnke, will perform as part of a hymn festival at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Glendale, Wis. on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 3 p.m. Dr. Behnke himself will also be a guest organist during the festival as the St. John’s Lutheran Choir performs along with the Alleluia Ringers.
“This will be an afternoon of sacred music that will inspire,” said Dr. Behnke. “It will include congregational singing, hymn introductions, interpretations from the organ, and incredible handbell compositions that tell the story of our Savior, Jesus Christ,” Dr. Behnke added.
The Alleluia Ringers, just one of Concordia University’s fine musical groups, is comprised of 14 undergraduate students who ring six octaves (73 bells) and six and half octaves of handchimes (79). The group is chosen each fall through auditions. This is the groups 27th year under the direction of Dr. John Behnke.
St. John’s Lutheran Church is located at 7877 N. Port Washington Road in Glendale, Wis. For more information on the Church, visit http://www.stjohnglendale.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Classes for Parents
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease