The Alleluia Ringers of Concordia University Wisconsin, under the direction of Dr. John Behnke, will perform as part of a hymn festival at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Glendale, Wis. on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 3 p.m. Dr. Behnke himself will also be a guest organist during the festival as the St. John’s Lutheran Choir performs along with the Alleluia Ringers.
“This will be an afternoon of sacred music that will inspire,” said Dr. Behnke. “It will include congregational singing, hymn introductions, interpretations from the organ, and incredible handbell compositions that tell the story of our Savior, Jesus Christ,” Dr. Behnke added.
The Alleluia Ringers, just one of Concordia University’s fine musical groups, is comprised of 14 undergraduate students who ring six octaves (73 bells) and six and half octaves of handchimes (79). The group is chosen each fall through auditions. This is the groups 27th year under the direction of Dr. John Behnke.
St. John’s Lutheran Church is located at 7877 N. Port Washington Road in Glendale, Wis. For more information on the Church, visit http://www.stjohnglendale.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month