The Alleluia Ringers of Concordia University Wisconsin, under the direction of Dr. John Behnke, will perform as part of a hymn festival at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Glendale, Wis. on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 3 p.m. Dr. Behnke himself will also be a guest organist during the festival as the St. John’s Lutheran Choir performs along with the Alleluia Ringers.
“This will be an afternoon of sacred music that will inspire,” said Dr. Behnke. “It will include congregational singing, hymn introductions, interpretations from the organ, and incredible handbell compositions that tell the story of our Savior, Jesus Christ,” Dr. Behnke added.
The Alleluia Ringers, just one of Concordia University’s fine musical groups, is comprised of 14 undergraduate students who ring six octaves (73 bells) and six and half octaves of handchimes (79). The group is chosen each fall through auditions. This is the groups 27th year under the direction of Dr. John Behnke.
St. John’s Lutheran Church is located at 7877 N. Port Washington Road in Glendale, Wis. For more information on the Church, visit http://www.stjohnglendale.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall Remodeling Show Features PBS Chef & Home Improvement Experts
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director