Faculty, staff, and students at Concordia Univesity Wisconsin stepped up recently by donating money to support the relief efforts underway in the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. According to University officials, more than $700 was raised in just two days, with donations going directly to Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregations that need it most.
“While we are grateful for the generous gifts, additional financial support is still needed as men, women, and children of our sister-congregations in the Philippines continue to have little to no access to water, food, shelter, and medical attention,” said Kimberly Masenthin, director of Human Resourses at CUW.
The LCMS announced, through their Typhoon Haiyan Update, that an eight-member disaster response team will be deploying to Manila on Friday, Nov. 22. On the ground, the team will join leaders from the Lutheran Church of the Philippines to provide immediate aide and work to plan ongoing disaster relief.
For more information on the relief efforts underway, or to make a donation call toll-free 1-800-930-4438 or visit http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx?pid=441.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!