Faculty, staff, and students at Concordia Univesity Wisconsin stepped up recently by donating money to support the relief efforts underway in the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. According to University officials, more than $700 was raised in just two days, with donations going directly to Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregations that need it most.
“While we are grateful for the generous gifts, additional financial support is still needed as men, women, and children of our sister-congregations in the Philippines continue to have little to no access to water, food, shelter, and medical attention,” said Kimberly Masenthin, director of Human Resourses at CUW.
The LCMS announced, through their Typhoon Haiyan Update, that an eight-member disaster response team will be deploying to Manila on Friday, Nov. 22. On the ground, the team will join leaders from the Lutheran Church of the Philippines to provide immediate aide and work to plan ongoing disaster relief.
For more information on the relief efforts underway, or to make a donation call toll-free 1-800-930-4438 or visit http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx?pid=441.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS ADVANCED PLACEMENT STUDIO ART EXHIBITION
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Two Mequon Homes on the 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Local MOMS Club raises over $4,000 for Ozaukee Family Services
- Support Germantown High School in the Fight Against Cancer
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Announces 2015 Sponsors
- Kids From Wisconsin Premier
- MOMS Club® of Mequon-Thiensville supports Ozaukee Family Services
- 65 Incorporated Simplifies Medicare Enrollment Decisions with New Software