Faculty, staff, and students at CUW stepped up recently by donating money to support the relief efforts underway in the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. According to University officials more than $700 was raised in just two days, with donations going directly to Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregations that need it most.
“While we are grateful for the generous gifts, additional financial support is still needed as men, women, and children of our sister-congregations in the Philippines continue to have little to no access to water, food, shelter, and medical attention,” said Kimberly Masenthin, director of Human Resourses at CUW.
The LCMS announced, through their Typhoon Haiyan Update, that an eight-member disaster response team will be deploying to Manila on Friday, Nov. 22. On the ground, the team will join leaders from the Lutheran Church of the Philippines to provide immediate aide and work to plan ongoing disaster relief.
For more information on the relief efforts underway, or to make a donation call toll-free 1-800-930-4438 or visit http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx?pid=441.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Brown Deer's Night Out for Justice Promotes Safe Community
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- North Shore Bank to Host to Host "Paws and Claws" Event in Mequon on Aug. 8
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project