A trip to Bethlehem at the time of Christ’s birth is again available this holiday season--just by visiting United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay.
For the first time since 2006, the church is again staging "Journey to Bethlehem," an event which uses a cast of around 150 performers to recreate the sights and sounds of Bethlehem when Christ was born.
This scripted production, involves guiding visitors through the streets of Bethlehem, where they encounter shop keepers, beggars, dancers, tax collectors, live animals, Roman soldiers and more. “Journey to Bethlehem” tells the story of Jesus’ birth in the context of every day life in first century Palestine.
The United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay, 819 E. Silver Spring Drive, will stage four free performances of “Journey to Bethlehem on Friday, Dec. 13, Saturday Dec 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15.
The Friday and Saturday evening performances start a new group on their journey every 15 minutes, from 6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. The Saturday and Sunday afternoon journeys go from 2:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Each journey lasts about one hour.
The final two time slots of 4 p.m. and 4:15 pm and 8 p.m. and 8:15 pm are especially designated as wheelchair- and walker-friendly tours that will be less rushed.
There is no admission charge, but visitors should call the church, at 414-964-2424, to reserve a time for their journey. Free will offerings will be accepted at the conclusion of each journey.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6