A trip to Bethlehem at the time of Christ’s birth is again available this holiday season--just by visiting United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay.
For the first time since 2006, the church is again staging "Journey to Bethlehem," an event which uses a cast of around 150 performers to recreate the sights and sounds of Bethlehem when Christ was born.
This scripted production, involves guiding visitors through the streets of Bethlehem, where they encounter shop keepers, beggars, dancers, tax collectors, live animals, Roman soldiers and more. “Journey to Bethlehem” tells the story of Jesus’ birth in the context of every day life in first century Palestine.
The United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay, 819 E. Silver Spring Drive, will stage four free performances of “Journey to Bethlehem on Friday, Dec. 13, Saturday Dec 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15.
The Friday and Saturday evening performances start a new group on their journey every 15 minutes, from 6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. The Saturday and Sunday afternoon journeys go from 2:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Each journey lasts about one hour.
The final two time slots of 4 p.m. and 4:15 pm and 8 p.m. and 8:15 pm are especially designated as wheelchair- and walker-friendly tours that will be less rushed.
There is no admission charge, but visitors should call the church, at 414-964-2424, to reserve a time for their journey. Free will offerings will be accepted at the conclusion of each journey.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director
- Volunteer Opportunities