The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board will hold 10 free personal financial literacy courses called “Steps to Financial Freedom” across the three counties to provide individuals and families with practical information on how to plan for a brighter future. The first session will be held on December 18 from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Workforce Development Center in Pewaukee.
WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez shares, “As we make our New Year’s resolutions, I encourage people to set their sights on preparing for greater self-sufficiency and financial independence. And, there is no better way to begin achieving this admirable goal than through our financial literacy sessions.”
Courses offer information on: budgeting basics and development; using checking, savings and payment cards; use of and differences between secured and unsecured credit cards; fixed income budget management; and second chance back accounts. Attendees will also gain an understanding of credit basics, including: how to read a credit report and how to build, manage and repair credit.
One-on-one budget counseling sessions will also be available for people who may benefit from individualized support.
Additional sessions will be held in 2014 from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the following Workforce Development Center locations:
892 Main St., Pewaukee
5555 W. Highland Rd., Mequon
2200 Green Tree Rd., West Bend
For more information or to reserve your spot at a session, call (262) 695-7989 or send e-mail to HLorbiecki1@wctc.edu. Walk-ins are welcome but seating is limited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures