The Milwaukee office of The Opus Group® (Opus) and the Opus Foundation today announced grants of more than $200,000 to support 12 southeastern Wisconsin nonprofit organizations.
“The Opus organization has always placed a high priority on community stewardship through the Opus Foundation,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager of Opus Development Company, L.L.C.’s Milwaukee Office. “These organizations have the power to improve the communities in which we live and work, and we are proud to invest in them.”
The Opus Foundation awards grants in two categories: the Impact Fund and the Opportunity Fund. The Impact Fund supports strategic investments in human and community development and the Opus Opportunity Fund is designed to meet pressing and emerging needs in communities where Opus does business.
Recipients of the Impact Fund for 2013 are Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, Atonement Early Childhood Center, Guest House of Milwaukee, Inc., Children’s Outing Association (COA) and Local Initiatives Support Corporation Milwaukee (LISC).
Recipients of the Opportunity Fund for 2013 are Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, Milwaukee Montessori School, Next Door, Real Estate Alliance for Charity (REACH) and Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee.
This year’s grant recipients have a number of diverse missions and causes, including but not limited to childhood education programs, professional career training, employment readiness and placement, assistance to low-income homeowners and support for various community revitalization efforts.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues