Mequon resident, Michael King, will be inducted into the 2014 Wisconsin Soccer Hall of Fame
Mequon resident, Michael King, will be inducted into the 2014 Wisconsin Soccer Hall of Fame class on March 8, 2014 in the Legends Club Room at Lambeau Field, Green Bay. King, a native of London, England, played for Chelsea FC as a youth, before arriving in the USA to attend Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey on a soccer scholarship. He went on to become a three time NCAA Division I All-American and a NCAA Top-10 All Time Leading Scorer. After college King was drafted by the Cleveland Crunch, indoor soccer team. King played indoor soccer in Cleveland, Baltimore, Dallas and Milwaukee, retiring after 14 years of playing for the Milwaukee Wave, where he led them to four World Championships and holds almost every record imaginable.
Michael King, or “Kinger” as he is affectionately known, resides in Mequon with his wife Niko, a local actress. Their daughter Samantha is a recent honors graduate of the University of Delaware and resides in New Jersey. Their son Gabriel Genovesi-King is an honors student and athlete at the University of Akron. Gabriel, a 2010 graduate of Homestead High School, was a member of the Homestead 2010 WIAA Track and Field Championship Team. More recently he was a member of the 2010 NCAA Division I Soccer Championship Team, and ran the 800m at the 2012 NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championship. Their youngest daughter Sophia is a 4th grade student at Oriole Lane School.
The 2014 Wisconsin Soccer Hall of Fame induction coincides with the 100th anniversary of organized soccer in the state of Wisconsin.
For questions and/or ticket information, contact:
Mark LaPorte, 414-305-7263, email@example.com or Dave Hodgson, 414-217-8040, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month