The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department will present the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic, "Carousel," as its winter musical Feb. 6-9. The show is the authors' personal favorite and includes such beloved songs as "If I Loved You" and "You'll Never Walk Alone."
The show is set in a Maine coastal village in 1873. A carefree carnival barker, Billy Bigelow, captivates and marries an innocent millworker, Julie Jordan. Billy loses his job just as he learns Julie is pregnant. Desperately intent on providing a decent life for his family, he is coerced into being an accomplice to a robbery. Caught in the act and facing the certainty of prison, he takes his own life and is sent to the "pearly gates." Billy is allowed to return to Earth for one day several years later and he encounters the daughter he never knew. Billy's reputation as a thief and bully has haunted his daughter throughout her young life. How Billy instills in both his daughter and her mother a sense of hope and dignity is a dramatic testimony to the power of everlasting love. Don't miss out on this great musical performance!
The show will be held Feb. 6-8 at 7:30 p.m. at the James Barr Auditorium at Homestead H.S. at 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. The matinee takes place Sunday, Feb. 9 at 2 p.m. Admission is $8 for students; $10 for adults. In conjunction with the Homestead Drama Club's "Theater for Social Justice" theme this year, donations will be accepted for local causes that work to end domestic violence, as that is one of the elements of Carousel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Concordia to host free workshop for budding entrepreneurs
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!