The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department will present the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic, "Carousel," as its winter musical Feb. 6-9. The show is the authors' personal favorite and includes such beloved songs as "If I Loved You" and "You'll Never Walk Alone."
The show is set in a Maine coastal village in 1873. A carefree carnival barker, Billy Bigelow, captivates and marries an innocent millworker, Julie Jordan. Billy loses his job just as he learns Julie is pregnant. Desperately intent on providing a decent life for his family, he is coerced into being an accomplice to a robbery. Caught in the act and facing the certainty of prison, he takes his own life and is sent to the "pearly gates." Billy is allowed to return to Earth for one day several years later and he encounters the daughter he never knew. Billy's reputation as a thief and bully has haunted his daughter throughout her young life. How Billy instills in both his daughter and her mother a sense of hope and dignity is a dramatic testimony to the power of everlasting love. Don't miss out on this great musical performance!
The show will be held Feb. 6-8 at 7:30 p.m. at the James Barr Auditorium at Homestead H.S. at 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. The matinee takes place Sunday, Feb. 9 at 2 p.m. Admission is $8 for students; $10 for adults. In conjunction with the Homestead Drama Club's "Theater for Social Justice" theme this year, donations will be accepted for local causes that work to end domestic violence, as that is one of the elements of Carousel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Award Winning Pet Care Provider Expands Service to Mequon