The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department will present the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic, "Carousel," as its winter musical Feb. 6-9. The show is the authors' personal favorite and includes such beloved songs as "If I Loved You" and "You'll Never Walk Alone."
The show is set in a Maine coastal village in 1873. A carefree carnival barker, Billy Bigelow, captivates and marries an innocent millworker, Julie Jordan. Billy loses his job just as he learns Julie is pregnant. Desperately intent on providing a decent life for his family, he is coerced into being an accomplice to a robbery. Caught in the act and facing the certainty of prison, he takes his own life and is sent to the "pearly gates." Billy is allowed to return to Earth for one day several years later and he encounters the daughter he never knew. Billy's reputation as a thief and bully has haunted his daughter throughout her young life. How Billy instills in both his daughter and her mother a sense of hope and dignity is a dramatic testimony to the power of everlasting love. Don't miss out on this great musical performance!
The show will be held Feb. 6-8 at 7:30 p.m. at the James Barr Auditorium at Homestead H.S. at 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. The matinee takes place Sunday, Feb. 9 at 2 p.m. Admission is $8 for students; $10 for adults. In conjunction with the Homestead Drama Club's "Theater for Social Justice" theme this year, donations will be accepted for local causes that work to end domestic violence, as that is one of the elements of Carousel.
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016