On Sunday, February 16th 2014,The United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay (819 East Silver Spring Drive, directions) is hosting a Winter Farmer's Market and brunch, from 9am until 12:30pm in Fellowship Hall (basement), as part of The Churches’ Center for Land and People Markets and Meals for Hope 2013-2014.
From the The Churches’ Center for Land and People (CCLP) website:
"Responding to a growing interest in local food and the growth of farmers’ markets, we believe it's important to foster shared values between rural and urban populations concerning agriculture and food. Summer farmers’ markets and Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms have become important sources for fresh local foods in the summer months."
"Our winter farmers' markets in places of worship have introduced brunches using local food prepared by congregations. These markets provide small-scale farmers the chance to sell their products in off-season. The farmers supply ingredients for the brunches and are able to sell directly to those attending the meals."
"Products for sale at the markets include produce, meats, maple syrup, honey, preserves, soaps, cheese and baked goods. Farmers help farmers by building connections with each other and by donating ten percent of sales to the Harvest of Hope emergency fund with 100% of the donations given to farmers in need."
Cost: Free will donation for brunch
Event url: www.cclpmidwest.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month