The Daughters of the American Revolution, Milwaukee Chapter, held an award ceremony for their essay contest winners. The essay topic was “The Lives of Children During the Revolutionary War”. Students were to described how the war affected their life through a historical child or a fictional child, and describe some of the changes that took place in their life and that of their family as they faced this new situation. The 5th grade winner from Trinity Lutheran School is Calvin Szpiszar. The 6th grade winner from Glen Hills Middle School is Mira Harvey. The 7th grade winner is Kallia Kaiser from Glen Hills Middle School, The 8th grade winner Tehya Crego is from Glen Hills Middle School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures