Concordia University Wisconsin graduate students taking part in the graduation ceremony on Friday night, May 16, will hear from Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker as he delivers the commencement speech. Concordia’s Academic Office worked with Walker’s people to work out the schedule. The ceremony begins at 6 p.m. in the University's Field House.
“The Governor’s presence on campus will be wonderful affirmation to those whose advanced education experience at Concordia will help them to have a positive impact on the lives of others throughout the state, across the country, and around the world,” said Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry, president of Concordia.
Included in the graduates on May 16 will be Concordia’s first class of 67 Pharmacy School students, Genesis Class, who began the program back in 2010.
“The School of Pharmacy Class of 2014 demonstrated a tremendous amount of faith when committing to be part of a brand new pharmacy school,” said Dr. Dean Arneson, dean of the School of Pharmacy. “We are greatly honored to have Governor Walker come to speak in recognition of the notable achievement of the students and the University.”
During the undergraduate ceremony on Saturday afternoon, May 17, Dr. Norman Sell, will give the commencement speech to students in Concordia’s Field House.
Dr. Sell was the longtime Treasurer of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod before retiring several years ago. Sell's granddaughter, Morgan Petsch, will be graduating on May 17. This ceremony begins at 1:30 p.m. For more information on both graduation ceremonies, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Academics/graduation/index.html.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WORLD HUNGER RELIEF EVENT
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- March events!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March