North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
WHITEFISH BAY, WIS. − The Members and Families of George Washington 1776 Masonic Lodge will be hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday April 19th, 2014 at 11am at the Silver Spring Masonic Center in Whitefish Bay (517 E. Beaumont Ave.). All families with young children are invited to this special event, which is offered free-of-charge.
“We feel privileged to be able to offer a safe – yet fun - event to the children of our community,” said Worshipful Master Keith Sargent. He continued, “Seeing the joy of these children on this day reminds many of us why we became Masons: to foster friendship among all people and to work together in a cause greater than ourselves.” Besides the Traditional Easter Egg Hunt, a Magician will be on hand to perform Magic Tricks, and children will be greeted by a special visitor: the Easter Bunny!
The Easter Egg Hunt has been a staple of the North Shore Community Calendar for over forty years and has brought joy to generations of children. Prior to the event, over 3,000 plastic eggs will be filled with candy by the ladies and members of the lodge. Depending on the weather, they will be hidden on the grounds of the Lodge building or within the building itself. Despite all of this planning and effort, all of the eggs are discovered within 3-5 minutes.
George Washington 1776 Lodge #337 is a part of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin, which was founded in 1844. Freemasonry is the World’s Oldest Fraternity and is dedicated to building character, providing fellowship opportunities, and supporting numerous charitable efforts. These charitable efforts include: scholarships and aide to needy students, running a network of hospitals for crippled/burned children, operating learning centers for children with dyslexia, and aiding in Medical Research, among many other noble causes. It is estimated that American Freemasonry raises/donates $1 million dollars for charity every single day nationwide.
Questions about the event should be emailed to Tyler Kristopeit at: email@example.com
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues