North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
WHITEFISH BAY, WIS. − The Members and Families of George Washington 1776 Masonic Lodge will be hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday April 19th, 2014 at 11am at the Silver Spring Masonic Center in Whitefish Bay (517 E. Beaumont Ave.). All families with young children are invited to this special event, which is offered free-of-charge.
“We feel privileged to be able to offer a safe – yet fun - event to the children of our community,” said Worshipful Master Keith Sargent. He continued, “Seeing the joy of these children on this day reminds many of us why we became Masons: to foster friendship among all people and to work together in a cause greater than ourselves.” Besides the Traditional Easter Egg Hunt, a Magician will be on hand to perform Magic Tricks, and children will be greeted by a special visitor: the Easter Bunny!
The Easter Egg Hunt has been a staple of the North Shore Community Calendar for over forty years and has brought joy to generations of children. Prior to the event, over 3,000 plastic eggs will be filled with candy by the ladies and members of the lodge. Depending on the weather, they will be hidden on the grounds of the Lodge building or within the building itself. Despite all of this planning and effort, all of the eggs are discovered within 3-5 minutes.
George Washington 1776 Lodge #337 is a part of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin, which was founded in 1844. Freemasonry is the World’s Oldest Fraternity and is dedicated to building character, providing fellowship opportunities, and supporting numerous charitable efforts. These charitable efforts include: scholarships and aide to needy students, running a network of hospitals for crippled/burned children, operating learning centers for children with dyslexia, and aiding in Medical Research, among many other noble causes. It is estimated that American Freemasonry raises/donates $1 million dollars for charity every single day nationwide.
Questions about the event should be emailed to Tyler Kristopeit at: email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays
- Building Futures Graduation set for December 16
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive