MEQUON, Wis. – Kids Rule Academy, which is already making news for their uncompromising approach to daycare, is once again turning heads as they feature the state’s only fully organic daycare menu.
Kids Rule Academy’s initially had hoped for a vendor to supply the organic menu locally but was unable to find one not only in metro Milwaukee but in Wisconsin as well. Therefore, Alex Mazur, owner and operations manager of Kids Rule Academy, went next door to Illinois. “We could have decided, "Well, there's no one around here who can supply us organic food for our day care, let's just not do it", but I really believe that an organic diet with only the most wholesome of ingredients makes the difference in children's diet and development. ”
The emphasis in organic means less exposure for children from the toxins, dyes, additives, and other unnecessary and potentially harmful ingredients added to food during its production. According to the Center of Science in the Public Interest, children especially should limit their diets these chemicals which are not found in organic foods. Studies show these chemicals have direct influences on learning and behavior in children.
Quality Catering Inc. based in Illinois, stepped up to provide kids-tested, organic meals for Kids Rule Academy “Quality Catering is dedicated to nutrition and education children about healthful eating habits and so are we,” says Mazur. While disappointed they could not find a catering company in Wisconsin, Mazur says, “Our convenience and money saving are the last things on our mind when it comes to serving your children.”
Kids Rule Academy’s entire menu is certified organic. Along with Quality Catering Inc., they ensure every meal exceeds the USDA’s “Food Plate” nutritional guideless as each menu is reviewed by the company’s staff Registered Dietitian. Unlike other daycare centers, Kids Rule Academy does not try to cut cost of food using canned or processed foods. Only the freshest natural and organic fruits and vegetables go into the children's lunch and snack.
Kids Rule Academy is currently accepting enrollment for the summer programs. A Free iPad Air is being offered for those parents who enroll their child for a full year by July 31st. See their website for details and conditions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards