The MOMS Club® of Mequon - East presented Ozaukee Family Services with $2,773. The funds were raised during the MOMS Club recent online auction and also include funds from an “Eat Out for a Cause” event held at the Chancery in Mequon.
The auction was made possible through goods and services graciously provided by MOMS Club members and through business contributions. The MOMS Club of Mequon generously supports Ozaukee Family Services because they believe in the mission of the agency: improving lives to help families succeed. Many of the MOMS Club members participate in the agency’s Parents as Teachers Program.
The Parents as Teachers Program is offered free of charge and assists parents in building a strong foundation for their child through personalized home visits by trained parent educators. The educators share information on research and provide ideas and activities for stimulating the child’s development to coincide with opportunities for learning. On-going classes and workshops are also available to assist parents with a wide variety of issues. This program is open to all Ozaukee County residents with children from birth to 5 years old.
Ozaukee Family Services assists families of all shapes and sizes through a myriad of programs. All programs are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. Last year, Ozaukee Family Services touched the lives of more than 5,500 people by providing:
• More than 700 home visits to families in the Parents as Teachers Program
• Counseling for suicidal teens or families in crisis
• Rainbows support for children who are having a difficult time adjusting to a death or divorce in their family
• A caring volunteer or professional in the life of someone who has lost hope
• Rides to medical appointments and the grocery store for local senior citizens
• Home visits for teens and their babies
• Internet safety and “cyber bullying” education for students
To learn more about the services offered or how you can become involved, contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
The Mequon Moms group is part of MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) Club International. It is a non profit group that is always accepting new members. To learn more visit www.mequonmomsclub.com
Members of the MOMS Club of Mequon – East raised money for Ozaukee Family Services. Left to right: front row - Kaitlyn Eckl with mom Kristin, Kellan Eberman with mom Amy, Brooke Witte, Julia Rich with mom Gina and sister Lily. Back row: Cheri Farnsworth, executive director of Ozaukee Family Services and Jessie Witte.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards