Concordia University recently announced its musical lineup for the inaugural Lake Moon Festival on Aug. 9 on CUW’s campus. The Festival will begin at 4:00 p.m. and continue until 10:00 p.m. with four musical acts from the Greater Milwaukee area.
Headlining the night will be American Idol finalist Naima Adedapo who is scheduled to take the stage at 9:00 p.m. A resident of Milwaukee, Adedapo was a contestant on the tenth season of American Idol and is known for her powerful and smoky vocals mixed with a blend of pop and soul.
“Terrific talent with national-exposure and a local-feel really rounds out the entertainment at this year’s Festival,” said Gretchen Jameson, Lake Moon Festival spokeswoman.
“Family-friendly means this music will appeal to all ages, and our fantastic partners at KNE (K-Nation Entertainment) are producing our music stage for a truly first-rate experience.”
The music will begin at 4:00 p.m. with Painted Caves, an Arabic rock group. At 5:30 p.m. the stage will be taken by Zach Pietrini & the Broken Bones, an American punk-folk group, followed by I’m Not a Pilot at 7 p.m. The indie-pop band has gained popularity in the Milwaukee-area. The night will end with Adedapo’s performance at 9:00 p.m.
Each act will perform on a spectacular stage overlooking beautiful Lake Michigan outfitted with lights and sound to showcase the great talents of all the musicians. The event will also feature a 5K race that begins at 6 p.m. taking participants around CUW’s spectacular campus.
“This evening race will loop through our 200 acre campus, before taking runners along the beachfront,” said Jameson. “You are guaranteed to feel like a true fitness champ as you finish the 5K with a climb up Concordia’s beautifully restored bluff.”
The Lake Moon Festival is a free event for the public including, food, music, bluff tours, kite building and flying, a Plein Air art competition, and a boat parade. For more information on the festival, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues