The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board partnered with the Regional Workforce Alliance and the Milwaukee 7 in the development of an application for the U.S. Department of Commerce – Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership.
WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez says, “Our board continually works with Milwaukee 7 partners to ensure that our region remains a manufacturing powerhouse. This federal designation will amplify our employment and commerce efforts while boosting the global value of our manufacturing industry.”
Milwaukee 7 is one of 12 communities selected for the IMCP initiative out of 70 applicants for demonstrating the significance of manufacturing in the region and its efforts to invest in six key areas: workforce training, research, infrastructure and site development, supply chain support, trade and international investment, and operational improvement and access to capital. The 12 designated communities will receive coordinated support from 11 federal agencies for long term economic development strategies, including eligibility to apply for $1.3 billion in assistance.
The RWA is comprised of the WOW Workforce Development Board, Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board and the Southeast Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. Together, these organizations have made a sustainable impact in creating a skilled future workforce in the seven county region by advancing solutions that link local residents with area employers. The RWA’s proposed IMCP initiatives include: customized training opportunities, such as on-the-job training, short term certifications and advanced manufacturing training through technical training institutions; transitional job support; and regional employment related transportation solutions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the 2015 Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Clothing Giveaway & Used Book Sale
- Truck-or-Treat So Others Can Eat
- Kickstart The Heart A Huge Success
- Wisconsin Peace Corps volunteer helps young women find their voice through camp in Albania
- Front Porch Financial Management LLC Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Mequon-Thiensville School District Proposes Four-Year-Old Kindergarten
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators