The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board partnered with the Regional Workforce Alliance and the Milwaukee 7 in the development of an application for the U.S. Department of Commerce – Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership.
WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez says, “Our board continually works with Milwaukee 7 partners to ensure that our region remains a manufacturing powerhouse. This federal designation will amplify our employment and commerce efforts while boosting the global value of our manufacturing industry.”
Milwaukee 7 is one of 12 communities selected for the IMCP initiative out of 70 applicants for demonstrating the significance of manufacturing in the region and its efforts to invest in six key areas: workforce training, research, infrastructure and site development, supply chain support, trade and international investment, and operational improvement and access to capital. The 12 designated communities will receive coordinated support from 11 federal agencies for long term economic development strategies, including eligibility to apply for $1.3 billion in assistance.
The RWA is comprised of the WOW Workforce Development Board, Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board and the Southeast Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. Together, these organizations have made a sustainable impact in creating a skilled future workforce in the seven county region by advancing solutions that link local residents with area employers. The RWA’s proposed IMCP initiatives include: customized training opportunities, such as on-the-job training, short term certifications and advanced manufacturing training through technical training institutions; transitional job support; and regional employment related transportation solutions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop