The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board partnered with the Regional Workforce Alliance and the Milwaukee 7 in the development of an application for the U.S. Department of Commerce – Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership.
WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez says, “Our board continually works with Milwaukee 7 partners to ensure that our region remains a manufacturing powerhouse. This federal designation will amplify our employment and commerce efforts while boosting the global value of our manufacturing industry.”
Milwaukee 7 is one of 12 communities selected for the IMCP initiative out of 70 applicants for demonstrating the significance of manufacturing in the region and its efforts to invest in six key areas: workforce training, research, infrastructure and site development, supply chain support, trade and international investment, and operational improvement and access to capital. The 12 designated communities will receive coordinated support from 11 federal agencies for long term economic development strategies, including eligibility to apply for $1.3 billion in assistance.
The RWA is comprised of the WOW Workforce Development Board, Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board and the Southeast Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. Together, these organizations have made a sustainable impact in creating a skilled future workforce in the seven county region by advancing solutions that link local residents with area employers. The RWA’s proposed IMCP initiatives include: customized training opportunities, such as on-the-job training, short term certifications and advanced manufacturing training through technical training institutions; transitional job support; and regional employment related transportation solutions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Theatre Presents Musical "Opal" at Concordia University
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Shorewood Summer Concert Series
- 10 Hot Weather Safety Tips For Seniors
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair