The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board partnered with the Regional Workforce Alliance and the Milwaukee 7 in the development of an application for the U.S. Department of Commerce – Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership.
WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez says, “Our board continually works with Milwaukee 7 partners to ensure that our region remains a manufacturing powerhouse. This federal designation will amplify our employment and commerce efforts while boosting the global value of our manufacturing industry.”
Milwaukee 7 is one of 12 communities selected for the IMCP initiative out of 70 applicants for demonstrating the significance of manufacturing in the region and its efforts to invest in six key areas: workforce training, research, infrastructure and site development, supply chain support, trade and international investment, and operational improvement and access to capital. The 12 designated communities will receive coordinated support from 11 federal agencies for long term economic development strategies, including eligibility to apply for $1.3 billion in assistance.
The RWA is comprised of the WOW Workforce Development Board, Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board and the Southeast Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. Together, these organizations have made a sustainable impact in creating a skilled future workforce in the seven county region by advancing solutions that link local residents with area employers. The RWA’s proposed IMCP initiatives include: customized training opportunities, such as on-the-job training, short term certifications and advanced manufacturing training through technical training institutions; transitional job support; and regional employment related transportation solutions.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues