Marlene Lauwasser of Mequon will receive the Spirit of St. Francis Service Award for her work as a university supporter as part of the Cardinal Stritch University Alumni Awards.
Through the awards program, Stritch annually honors individuals for their professional and personal achievements, which have made a significant impact in their field, and whose life and character have earned the respect and admiration of their peers and professional colleagues.
Marlene Lauwasser began serving Stritch in 1982 as an administrator, helping develop Stritch's first adult degree programs and planting the seeds for what became the College of Business and Management. Lauwasser oversaw accounting, curriculum formatting, advertising, and marketing. Under her leadership, Stritch's adult programs enrolled 400 students in the first eight months. The programs not only achieved record enrollment, they also earned national visibility for the University’s innovative higher education formats for working adults.
Lauwasser and five other honorees will be recognized June 21. Showcasing the best of Stritch, this signature alumni event will begin with an outdoor cocktail reception (weather permitting) with President Dr. James P. Loftus and his wife, Irene Prior Loftus. A dinner and the presentation of the awards will follow in the Nancy Kendall Theater. For additional information, visit http://www.stritch.edu/Alumni/Alumni-Awards/2014-Alumni-Award-Winners.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball