ChristPond Retreat Center has scheduled its annual Pancake Breakfast and Outdoor Worship Service for Sunday, June 29, 2014. The outdoor worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. with the breakfast/brunch immediately following. ChristPond Retreat Center is located at N1599 Highway 57, Random Lake, WI (just 2.8 miles north of Random Lake).
ChristPond Executive Director Daniel Thurmer, said, “ChristPond was founded 32 years ago, and has a long tradition of providing an excellent setting for Southeast Wisconsin churches and nonprofit organizations to gather for both quiet and active retreats, giving shape to personal lives, special study groups, bible study, prayer retreats as well as organizational and church planning retreats.”
Tickets for this benefit breakfast can be purchased on-site the day of the event, and are $8.00 adults; $5.00 children; under 5 free; $25.00 family rate. The menu includes pancakes, ham, fruit, juice, coffee and pastry. The benefit breakfast and service offerings assist in the care of the beautiful facility made available to the ecumenical community and non-profit organizations to conduct retreats in a setting conducive for spiritual renewal.
Free golf cart tours of the grounds will be available to venture into the trails and pond areas of this 100-acre site.
The annual pancake breakfast is an opportunity for friends and supporters of ChristPond to gather for this benefit event and worship service. Special music will be a feature of the service. Anyone interested in singing in the ChristPond Singers Choir should arrive at 9:15 a.m. for rehearsal.
An ecumenical worship service and Holy Communion is offered once a month on the third Sunday and is open to anyone wishing to attend. Come as you are – dress is usually casual. Coffee and treats follow the service.
For information on scheduling a retreat at ChristPond visit www.christpond.org or call reservation services at (715) 823-9150.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Playworks Wisconsin Staff Receives National Award
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help