Concordia University Recognizes its Physician Assistant Students Entering Their Clinical Year of Study
Concordia University held an inauguration ceremony to recognize its Physician Assistant (PA) students on Friday, June 13 held in the Chapel of Christ Triumphant.
The ceremony acknowledged each of the 29 students pursuing a Master’s degree in PA Studies. Each student was presented a white coat personalized with their name which signifies the transition from preclinical to clinical health sciences studies. These students are part of CUW’s first class of the PA Program which began May 2013.
“The White Coat Ceremony for the PA students is a ‘rite of passage’ to the clinical year which begins during student’s second year,” said Dr. Michelle Heinan, director of the PA Program. “This is a ceremony showing what they have accomplished and a glimpse into the upcoming year.”
The coats presented to the students were funded with a generous grant in the amount of $1,192 from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, a New Jersey non-profit corporation.
“This ceremony is particularly exciting because it is the inaugural class for the program and we were able to obtain a grant to fund part of the ceremony through the Arnold P. Gold Foundation,” said Heinan.
CUW’s PA Program was established in 2013, and has received provisional-accreditation through the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). To learn more about the PA program or to apply, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Programs/physicianassistant/index.html.
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016