Concordia University Recognizes its Physician Assistant Students Entering Their Clinical Year of Study
Concordia University held an inauguration ceremony to recognize its Physician Assistant (PA) students on Friday, June 13 held in the Chapel of Christ Triumphant.
The ceremony acknowledged each of the 29 students pursuing a Master’s degree in PA Studies. Each student was presented a white coat personalized with their name which signifies the transition from preclinical to clinical health sciences studies. These students are part of CUW’s first class of the PA Program which began May 2013.
“The White Coat Ceremony for the PA students is a ‘rite of passage’ to the clinical year which begins during student’s second year,” said Dr. Michelle Heinan, director of the PA Program. “This is a ceremony showing what they have accomplished and a glimpse into the upcoming year.”
The coats presented to the students were funded with a generous grant in the amount of $1,192 from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, a New Jersey non-profit corporation.
“This ceremony is particularly exciting because it is the inaugural class for the program and we were able to obtain a grant to fund part of the ceremony through the Arnold P. Gold Foundation,” said Heinan.
CUW’s PA Program was established in 2013, and has received provisional-accreditation through the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). To learn more about the PA program or to apply, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Programs/physicianassistant/index.html.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays
- Building Futures Graduation set for December 16
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive