Concordia University Recognizes its Physician Assistant Students Entering Their Clinical Year of Study
Concordia University held an inauguration ceremony to recognize its Physician Assistant (PA) students on Friday, June 13 held in the Chapel of Christ Triumphant.
The ceremony acknowledged each of the 29 students pursuing a Master’s degree in PA Studies. Each student was presented a white coat personalized with their name which signifies the transition from preclinical to clinical health sciences studies. These students are part of CUW’s first class of the PA Program which began May 2013.
“The White Coat Ceremony for the PA students is a ‘rite of passage’ to the clinical year which begins during student’s second year,” said Dr. Michelle Heinan, director of the PA Program. “This is a ceremony showing what they have accomplished and a glimpse into the upcoming year.”
The coats presented to the students were funded with a generous grant in the amount of $1,192 from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, a New Jersey non-profit corporation.
“This ceremony is particularly exciting because it is the inaugural class for the program and we were able to obtain a grant to fund part of the ceremony through the Arnold P. Gold Foundation,” said Heinan.
CUW’s PA Program was established in 2013, and has received provisional-accreditation through the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). To learn more about the PA program or to apply, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Programs/physicianassistant/index.html.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Classes for Parents
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease