Demolition of Shorewood’s vacant Sherburn Place Apartments has now begun making way for the construction of assisted living apartments as well as a memory care facility. The project is slated for completion by Sept. 1, 2015.
The new facility will include 59 assisted living units and 35 memory-care units and the project will be valued at $25 million upon completion.
The apartments and facility will be located on a 3.2-acre site on the south side of East Capitol Drive between the Milwaukee River and the biking trail overpass.
The development group is Harbor Retirement Associates (“HRA”) a regional senior living development and management company focused primarily on assisted living and memory care communities, but also engaged in the development and operations of independent living and skilled nursing communities. HRA operates 20 communities and is partnering on the development or acquisition of 9 more communities in 8 states.
More information is available at www.villageofshorewood.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop