Demolition of Shorewood’s vacant Sherburn Place Apartments has now begun making way for the construction of assisted living apartments as well as a memory care facility. The project is slated for completion by Sept. 1, 2015.
The new facility will include 59 assisted living units and 35 memory-care units and the project will be valued at $25 million upon completion.
The apartments and facility will be located on a 3.2-acre site on the south side of East Capitol Drive between the Milwaukee River and the biking trail overpass.
The development group is Harbor Retirement Associates (“HRA”) a regional senior living development and management company focused primarily on assisted living and memory care communities, but also engaged in the development and operations of independent living and skilled nursing communities. HRA operates 20 communities and is partnering on the development or acquisition of 9 more communities in 8 states.
More information is available at www.villageofshorewood.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll! (1)
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice