Demolition of Shorewood’s vacant Sherburn Place Apartments has now begun making way for the construction of assisted living apartments as well as a memory care facility. The project is slated for completion by Sept. 1, 2015.
The new facility will include 59 assisted living units and 35 memory-care units and the project will be valued at $25 million upon completion.
The apartments and facility will be located on a 3.2-acre site on the south side of East Capitol Drive between the Milwaukee River and the biking trail overpass.
The development group is Harbor Retirement Associates (“HRA”) a regional senior living development and management company focused primarily on assisted living and memory care communities, but also engaged in the development and operations of independent living and skilled nursing communities. HRA operates 20 communities and is partnering on the development or acquisition of 9 more communities in 8 states.
More information is available at www.villageofshorewood.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- YOUNG THIENSVILLE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG MEQUON RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- American Education Week