Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Services is an all-volunteer agency that helps veterans in need. This advocacy group runs a food pantry, serves a weekly breakfast and provides furnishings for veterans setting up their own apartments.
Each year the Milwaukee North Sunshine Rotary and the Fox Point Farmers' Market sponsor a kitchen drive to benefit veterans in need. What is needed? Everything you use in your own kitchen! Cookware, dishes, silverware, glasses and new kitchen towels are appreciated.
Drop off items at the Fox Point Farmers' Market July 19 between 8-noon. For larger items or appliances please call Dennis Johnson, 414-8120-0655.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Concordia to host free workshop for budding entrepreneurs
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!