Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Services is an all-volunteer agency that helps veterans in need. This advocacy group runs a food pantry, serves a weekly breakfast and provides furnishings for veterans setting up their own apartments.
Each year the Milwaukee North Sunshine Rotary and the Fox Point Farmers' Market sponsor a kitchen drive to benefit veterans in need. What is needed? Everything you use in your own kitchen! Cookware, dishes, silverware, glasses and new kitchen towels are appreciated.
Drop off items at the Fox Point Farmers' Market July 19 between 8-noon. For larger items or appliances please call Dennis Johnson, 414-8120-0655.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help