Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Services is an all-volunteer agency that helps veterans in need. This advocacy group runs a food pantry, serves a weekly breakfast and provides furnishings for veterans setting up their own apartments.
Each year the Milwaukee North Sunshine Rotary and the Fox Point Farmers' Market sponsor a kitchen drive to benefit veterans in need. What is needed? Everything you use in your own kitchen! Cookware, dishes, silverware, glasses and new kitchen towels are appreciated.
Drop off items at the Fox Point Farmers' Market July 19 between 8-noon. For larger items or appliances please call Dennis Johnson, 414-8120-0655.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Theatre Presents Musical "Opal" at Concordia University
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Shorewood Summer Concert Series
- 10 Hot Weather Safety Tips For Seniors
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair