North Shore CARSTAR announced Tuesday that it will hold its third annual Classic Car Show on Saturday, August 9, 2014. The event will be held outside of the CARSTAR facility at 5700 W. Hemlock St. in Milwaukee from 10am-3pm.
Visitors will have the opportunity to view an array of classic cars, enjoy live music, vote for their favorite car and purchase raffle tickets to win prizes donated by local vendors. The grand prize this year is an underbody paint detailing job. Last year 45 classic cars were on display. “We close down the whole block outside of the shop and open our three parking lots for car enthusiasts to show their cars” said North Shore CARSTAR co-owner Max Jones, “It’s great seeing how much people enjoy these classic cars.”
Admission is free to the public, but all proceeds from the raffle and car registration fees will be donated to Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee. Last year’s show raised over $700 for charity.
This is the first year CARSTAR and Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee have teamed up for the event. "At Hunger Task Force we love a unique partnership and we appreciate that the good people at CARSTAR recognize that,” said Sherrie Tussler, Executive Director of Hunger Task Force. “We haven't had an opportunity to work with many classic car shows and we are excited that their team wants to join the fight against hunger here in Milwaukee.”
Those interested in displaying a classic car should contact North Shore CARSTAR to register. Registration is $5 day-of and $3 in advance.
For questions and registration information contact Nick Senn at 414-727-4777 or email: email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- M-T Sunrise Rotary Presents Annual Haunted Hayride
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Girls on the Run 5k "Turkey Trot"
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Homestead and Concordia Alum in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18