North Shore CARSTAR announced Tuesday that it will hold its third annual Classic Car Show on Saturday, August 9, 2014. The event will be held outside of the CARSTAR facility at 5700 W. Hemlock St. in Milwaukee from 10am-3pm.
Visitors will have the opportunity to view an array of classic cars, enjoy live music, vote for their favorite car and purchase raffle tickets to win prizes donated by local vendors. The grand prize this year is an underbody paint detailing job. Last year 45 classic cars were on display. “We close down the whole block outside of the shop and open our three parking lots for car enthusiasts to show their cars” said North Shore CARSTAR co-owner Max Jones, “It’s great seeing how much people enjoy these classic cars.”
Admission is free to the public, but all proceeds from the raffle and car registration fees will be donated to Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee. Last year’s show raised over $700 for charity.
This is the first year CARSTAR and Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee have teamed up for the event. "At Hunger Task Force we love a unique partnership and we appreciate that the good people at CARSTAR recognize that,” said Sherrie Tussler, Executive Director of Hunger Task Force. “We haven't had an opportunity to work with many classic car shows and we are excited that their team wants to join the fight against hunger here in Milwaukee.”
Those interested in displaying a classic car should contact North Shore CARSTAR to register. Registration is $5 day-of and $3 in advance.
For questions and registration information contact Nick Senn at 414-727-4777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays