North Shore CARSTAR announced Tuesday that it will hold its third annual Classic Car Show on Saturday, August 9, 2014. The event will be held outside of the CARSTAR facility at 5700 W. Hemlock St. in Milwaukee from 10am-3pm.
Visitors will have the opportunity to view an array of classic cars, enjoy live music, vote for their favorite car and purchase raffle tickets to win prizes donated by local vendors. The grand prize this year is an underbody paint detailing job. Last year 45 classic cars were on display. “We close down the whole block outside of the shop and open our three parking lots for car enthusiasts to show their cars” said North Shore CARSTAR co-owner Max Jones, “It’s great seeing how much people enjoy these classic cars.”
Admission is free to the public, but all proceeds from the raffle and car registration fees will be donated to Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee. Last year’s show raised over $700 for charity.
This is the first year CARSTAR and Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee have teamed up for the event. "At Hunger Task Force we love a unique partnership and we appreciate that the good people at CARSTAR recognize that,” said Sherrie Tussler, Executive Director of Hunger Task Force. “We haven't had an opportunity to work with many classic car shows and we are excited that their team wants to join the fight against hunger here in Milwaukee.”
Those interested in displaying a classic car should contact North Shore CARSTAR to register. Registration is $5 day-of and $3 in advance.
For questions and registration information contact Nick Senn at 414-727-4777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alverno College Announces Faculty Promotions
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum