Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
It’s a celebration for folks of all ages, and it is Free! All are Welcome.
An inter-generational fellowship event for the congregation and community is planned for September 5th and 6th at Holy Cross Lutheran Church.
The fun begins on Friday night at 6:00pm with a ‘Walk around the Block’ followed by ‘Movie Night under the Tent’ featuring The Lego Movie at 7:00pm, which will include ice cream and popcorn for all.
Beginning at noon Saturday, games, entertainment and activities are planned for ages 1 to 100. A game and activity tent will be set up so, rain or shine, participants can be engaged in the fun. Inflatables will give the chance to bounce off some energy. Also included are racing, inflatable ponies. A rock climbing wall is another special addition this year. Face painting, a clown and a “cupcake walk” are featured in the children’s area throughout the day.
The first class musical offerings include a special treat. That is the renderings of Ian Gould, a guitarist and singer from Belfast, Ireland. Ian will share his Irish wit and his striking voice. His shows feature pub spirit and conjure up images of Ireland. Preceding Ian will be the toe-tapping Polka Band, 2nd Edition, and the Summer Singers choral group.
Following is the full eclectic entertainment program:
12:00 – 2:00 2nd Edition Polka Band
2:00 - 3:00 The Summer Singers; “You name it, they sing it!”
3:00 - 4:30 Ian Gould, Celtic Irish contemporary music
5:00 - 6:00 Worship under the tent
6:00 - 7:00 Celebration Band … Holy Cross’ own contemporary musicians
In addition to the above, "Silent Movie Music" with Holy Cross Music Director Mike Jacklin will be presented in the church sanctuary. This fun event features the showing of a short silent comedy, dramatically accompanied by the organ. It will be presented at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
Food will be available from noon to 7:00pm.
Holy Cross’ Senior Pastor Meredith Bedker Musaus explained, “We planned this year’s festivities with people of all ages in mind…families with children, seniors, and everyone in between. Remember … all are welcome and admission is FREE. All you need to do is show up and get in on the fun!”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director
- Volunteer Opportunities