On Thursday, March 5 at 6:30, the Florentine Opera Company will bring their original adaptation of the classic Italian story of the wooden puppet who longs to become a real boy to the Frank L. Weyenberg Library! This operatic version of the famed fairy tale is arranged by nationally renowned arts educator John Davies. Pinocchio is set to the music of Mozart, Donizetti, Offenbach, Pergolesi, Sullivan and Verdi. The performance is in English and suitable for an audience of all ages. The performers will be available for questions following their performance.
The Fine Arts Series at the Weyenberg Library is made possible by a generous donation from the Weyenberg Public Library Foundation, Inc. Future events in the series include John Gurda's The Making of Milwaukee, the annual Communities Read event, and the return of the Milwaukee Ballet. Each event is free and open to all members of the public. More information on specific events, or about the Library Foundation, is available by contacting the Library at (262) 242-2593, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milwaukee's Florentine Opera Company is one of Wisconsin's oldest and most enduring professional performing arts organizations. Celebrating its 75th Anniversary Season in 2008-2009, it is also the sixth oldest opera company in the United States. The Florentine Opera Company's productions reflect the highest musical and theatrical standards, while supporting community and educational programs. As a leader in Wisconsin's art community, the Florentine Opera seeks to establish a significant presence in the cultural, educational and civic life of the state of Wisconsin and beyond.
Regular library services will be suspended at 6:00 to prepare for the program. For more information, please contact the Frank L. Weyenberg Library at 262-242-2593, or by email at email@example.com. The Library is located at 11345 North Cedarburg Road, in Mequon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month