Mequon United Methodist Church cordially invites
the public to join in song and worship on Sunday, March 15 at 9:30am for a
Lenten Cantata performance, " From Glory To Glory " conducted by Michelle Hynson
with narration by well recognized Milwaukee radio voice, Craig Haebler.
Mr. Haebler retired from broadcasting in 2007 after 45 years...the final
18 of those years spent at Milwaukee's classical music station WFMR as an
announcer and music librarian. Since 1962, he worked at stations in Beloit,
Sheboygan, Eau Claire and Madison as well as Milwaukee. When not on the
air, he usually can be found curled up with a good book....listening to
music from his library of over 5000 recordings or watching a classic movie
on TCM. He and his wife, Suzanne, have retired in Eau Claire.
Performers will include the MUMC Sanctuary Choir, featuring soloists Rick
Hynson, Penny Laferriere, Andrew Widder, Terry
Lewis, and Michelle Hynson. Instrumentalists include Elna Hickson on keyboard,
Kelsey Schwager on flute, and Dain Shuler on French horn. Refreshments will be
served following the performance. Mequon United Methodist Church is located at
11011 N. Oriole Lane, about a quarter mile west of Port Washington Road off the
southside of Mequon Road. If you would like further information, please call the
MUMC church office at (262) 242-4770.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14