Kerry Mattingly's Free Landscape Design Presentation at the Weyenberg Library on April 9
Professional landscape architect Kerry Mattingly will present his tips and advice from his years of experience in landscaping at a free program at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library. The program will be Thursday, April 9 at 6:30.
As a professional landscape designer with Treetops, Mattingly has designed some of the most gorgeous landscapes in the city, including Mequon City Hall. Mattingly seeks to give the general public a better understanding of sound landscape design principles as they relate to new and existing residential and commercial properties through this program. In addition, he will lead a discussion of a design philosophy which emphasizes more natural, freeform styles of landscaping, as well as provide examples and techniques for the restorations of old, "tired" landscapes. Many professional firms would charge upwards of several hundreds of dollars for these services, but Mattingly's program will be open to everyone and free of charge.
Kerry Mattingly is a registered landscape architect who received a Bachelor of Science from the School of Landscape Architecture at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a member of the American Society of Landscape Architects and the Wisconsin Landscape Contractors Association. He is the co-owner of Treetops Landscape Design, a Mequon-based design and build firm that was established in 1976. His work has been recognized with numerous local and national awards. He currently works as a Continuing Education Teacher at Concordia University, Milwaukee Area Technical College, and the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design.
The Frank L. Weyenberg Library is located at 11345 N. Cedarburg Road in Mequon. For more information on this program, please call the Library at 262-242-2593, extension 37.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month