Marcus Theatres® today announced the new management team for its renovated North Shore Cinema in Mequon, Wis., which includes a Zaffiro’s Pizzeria. The renovations are scheduled to be completed in May 2009.
Genine Behning has been promoted to general manager of the North Shore Cinema. Behning previously was manager of the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Brookfield, Wis., where she was involved with the theatre’s expanded food and beverage offerings. Prior to working at the Majestic Cinema, she served as manager of Ridge Cinemas in New Berlin, Wis.
At the Zaffiro’s restaurant, Steven Smirl has been named general manager and Steven Schnur has been named executive chef. The full-service Italian restaurant will offer Zaffiro’s popular thin-crust pizzas, along with many other chef-prepared food items.
Smirl joins the company with more than 25 years of restaurant experience. Most recently, he was the previous owner of Kahunas restaurant in Pewaukee, Wis. and has also served as director of operations for Tony Roma’s of Wisconsin. Actively involved in the community, Smirl has served on the Board of Directors of the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and as president of the Greater Brookfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. He currently serves on the board of the Pewaukee Chamber of Commerce.
Schnur will serve as executive chef of Zaffiro’s Pizzeria. Before joining Marcus Theatres, Schnur was the executive sous chef at Meadowbrook Country Club in Racine, Wis. and was the executive chef and general manager of Watts Teashop in Milwaukee, Wis. His extensive background includes working at premier Chicago restaurants including Carmichael’s Chicago Steak House, Spiaggia and Le Bouchon. Schnur received his Certificate of Professional Cooking from the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago.
The North Shore Cinema is being transformed into a complete entertainment destination featuring a 70-foot-wide UltraScreen®, Zaffiro’s Pizzeria Italian restaurant, expanded concession area, cocktail lounge and remodeled auditoriums.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving