There will be prizes galore at the Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s (ZSM’s) May 9 Beastly Bowl-a-Thon. You could win everything from a Wii game system to an iPod to restaurant gift cards at this family-friendly bowling event. Register online at www.zoosociety.org/Events/BeastlyBowl.php or call (414) 258-2333 by May 1.
Roll a strike, a spare or even a “nice try,” and help all of the animals at the Milwaukee County Zoo through the ZSM’s Sponsor an Animal program. Everyone from toddlers to ace bowlers can enjoy friendly competition for prizes in categories such as top scores, pledges and even “stinker” prizes (for the lowest score in each age category)!
Please see below for details.
What: The Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s Beastly Bowl-a-Thon fund-raiser.
Where: AMF Bowlero, 11737 W. Burleigh St., Wauwatosa
When: May 9, 2009. Two shifts of bowling are offered: 11:30 a.m. (check-in begins 10:30 a.m.) and 2:30 p.m. (check-in begins 1:30 p.m.).
Registration: Register online at www.zoosociety.org/Events/BeastlyBowl.php or call (414) 258-2333 by May 1.
Why: To raise funds for the Zoological Society’s Sponsor an Animal program, which helps
support all animals at the Zoo.
How much: The $15 entry fee for bowlers goes toward snacks (including pizza samples donated by Palermo’s® Pizza), shoe rental, three games of bowling, entry into the door-prize drawing, and a magnet. (Fee includes 5.6 % WI sales tax; $5 is tax-deductible.) The $5 entry fee for non-bowling family or friends includes snacks. (Fee includes 5.6 % WI sales tax and is not tax-deductible.)
Prizes: Qualify for fun Grand prizes with a minimum of $100 in pledges or Zooper Grand prizes with a minimum of $200 in pledges. New this year is the Zooper Dooper Prize for the person who raises the most in pledges.
Other info: To reserve one or more lanes (maximum of five bowlers per lane), sponsor a lane, or donate a prize, call Becky at (414) 258-2333. Bumper bowling is available for children, and the lanes are handicapped-accessible.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays