Heavy rains on Saturday postponed Bikefest activities until May 16th.
Bikefest (formerly Bike Safety Day) will now be held on Saturday, May 16th in Thiensville Village Park. The event features safety clinics for children, teens and adults; prizes and refreshments for kids; and a community bike ride.
New events for Bikefest 2009 include: an Agility Challenge course to test your cycling skills, an antique bike display, and world cyclist, Bob Mack. Bob rode his bike 18,680 miles around the world, touring 43 countries over 366 days! Meet Bob and see his bike, artifacts and pictures from his amazing trip.
Safety training for children starts at 9:30 a.m. and includes a kid-sized bike safety course. Teens and older riders can test their riding abilities on the Agility Challenge course. Learn from certified cycling instructors. Physical therapists from Health in Balance can advise cyclists on proper bike fit and strategies for avoiding pain or injury. Extreme Ski & Bike will be on hand to provide basic safety checks on participants’ bikes.
The prize drawing begins at 11:00 a.m. This year one lucky boy and girl will each win a brand new bike! Kids have the chance to win a number of other prizes, too.
At 11:30, join friends and family on a community bike ride. Riders can choose from a 4, 11 or 17 mile ride. Route maps will be provided. Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets are required.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- M-T Sunrise Rotary Presents Annual Haunted Hayride
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Girls on the Run 5k "Turkey Trot"
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Homestead and Concordia Alum in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Noted Jewish Argentine Writer To Read at UWM Oct. 23