Heavy rains on Saturday postponed Bikefest activities until May 16th.
Bikefest (formerly Bike Safety Day) will now be held on Saturday, May 16th in Thiensville Village Park. The event features safety clinics for children, teens and adults; prizes and refreshments for kids; and a community bike ride.
New events for Bikefest 2009 include: an Agility Challenge course to test your cycling skills, an antique bike display, and world cyclist, Bob Mack. Bob rode his bike 18,680 miles around the world, touring 43 countries over 366 days! Meet Bob and see his bike, artifacts and pictures from his amazing trip.
Safety training for children starts at 9:30 a.m. and includes a kid-sized bike safety course. Teens and older riders can test their riding abilities on the Agility Challenge course. Learn from certified cycling instructors. Physical therapists from Health in Balance can advise cyclists on proper bike fit and strategies for avoiding pain or injury. Extreme Ski & Bike will be on hand to provide basic safety checks on participants’ bikes.
The prize drawing begins at 11:00 a.m. This year one lucky boy and girl will each win a brand new bike! Kids have the chance to win a number of other prizes, too.
At 11:30, join friends and family on a community bike ride. Riders can choose from a 4, 11 or 17 mile ride. Route maps will be provided. Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets are required.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop