Heavy rains on Saturday postponed Bikefest activities until May 16th.
Bikefest (formerly Bike Safety Day) will now be held on Saturday, May 16th in Thiensville Village Park. The event features safety clinics for children, teens and adults; prizes and refreshments for kids; and a community bike ride.
New events for Bikefest 2009 include: an Agility Challenge course to test your cycling skills, an antique bike display, and world cyclist, Bob Mack. Bob rode his bike 18,680 miles around the world, touring 43 countries over 366 days! Meet Bob and see his bike, artifacts and pictures from his amazing trip.
Safety training for children starts at 9:30 a.m. and includes a kid-sized bike safety course. Teens and older riders can test their riding abilities on the Agility Challenge course. Learn from certified cycling instructors. Physical therapists from Health in Balance can advise cyclists on proper bike fit and strategies for avoiding pain or injury. Extreme Ski & Bike will be on hand to provide basic safety checks on participants’ bikes.
The prize drawing begins at 11:00 a.m. This year one lucky boy and girl will each win a brand new bike! Kids have the chance to win a number of other prizes, too.
At 11:30, join friends and family on a community bike ride. Riders can choose from a 4, 11 or 17 mile ride. Route maps will be provided. Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets are required.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block