The Mequon-Thiensville School District’s Half-day Kindergarten Program for the 2009-2010 School Year is suffering from low enrollment.
The Mequon-Thiensville School District is proud to announce that the district is committed to offering the half-day Kindergarten program, dependent on if the district can achieve a student enrollment of at least 15 students. Currently, the enrollment is at 10 students. The district requires a minimum of 15 students to conduct the program.
Superintendent, Demond A. Means stated, “The district is committed to the half-day Kindergarten program. We are surprised that the current enrollment numbers are only at 10 students. We hope that the enrollment will pick-up in the next few days.”
The district is asking that all registered Kindergarten families for the 2009-2010 school year indicate if they have interest in the half-day Kindergarten program no later than May 15, 2009.
The half-day Kindergarten program is not in jeopardy of being reduced as a result of budget cuts, contrary to false reports in the community. Superintendent Means says, “If we are not able to enroll at least 15 students in the program this school year we will, unfortunately, not offer half-day Kindergarten. However, the district will enthusiastically offer the program again for the 2010-2011 school year.” The issue is the lack of enrollment and interest from incoming Kindergarten families.
If you have a student entering Kindergarten next year and you believe that the half-day Kindergarten program is a good fit for your child, please consider the program.
For more information, please contact Mr. Hughes George at 262-238-8501.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month