As has become an annual tradition, Donges Bay Elementary School will honor a graduating fifth-grade student with the Keegan and Maggie Hackett Family Memorial Award on Thursday, June 11. The award will be presented during the school’s year-end Flag Lowering Festivities at 2:45 p.m.
The Hackett Award is a monetary award given in the former students’ memories by their family, friends and the Donges Bay School staff. Fifth-grade students are nominated by Donges Bay staff and the award recipient is chosen by a committee of staff members based on the student’s demonstration of extraordinary effort, compassion and service in promoting and demonstrating the inclusion of persons with differing abilities.
This year’s Hackett Award recipient will receive a $50 savings bond and have his or her name inscribed on a brick surrounding the memorial site in the Donges Bay Courtyard as well as a plaque in the school lobby that features past recipients’ names. The bricks in the courtyard are meant to symbolically depict a pathway of acceptance and inclusion for all students of differing abilities.
The Hackett Award recipient’s name is traditionally kept a secret until the award presentation at Donges Bay School’s year-end Flag Lowering Festivities. This year’s ceremony will take place at 2:45 p.m., Thursday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- "Just Between Friends" Special Washington County Presale March 11