A free informational seminar about obtaining funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, with a special focus on opportunities involved in creating wind power, will be held from 8 a.m.-noon, Thursday, June 18, in the Lecture Hall at the Mequon Campus of Milwaukee Area Technical College, 5555 W. Highland Road.
The 781-page stimulus bill provides approximately $789.5 billion dollars of tax and appropriations benefits, and is designed to infuse large amounts of money into the economy within a short time frame. Attorney Art Harrington, chair of the Godfrey and Kahn Environmental and Energy Law Practice Group and co-chair of its economic recovery team, will provide general information about the stimulus package to local businesspeople and manufacturers.
Other speakers will address the ways businesses and manufacturers can use stimulus dollars to develop wind power, and begin to develop components, parts, service and sales of wind energy. Presenters include Mike Cavanaugh, engineer with Clipper Windpower, Inc., Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Kenneth Dantoin, Jr., engineer with Uriel Wind, Inc., Mequon; and Joseph Jacobsen and Dave Stinnett, both from MATC’s Technical and Applied Sciences Division, and experts in renewable energy and wind power.
Businesses and manufacturing sectors that might benefit from stimulus dollars include installers, suppliers or experts in highway, rail, bridge and school construction; electronic records management; broadband; renewable energy; building efficiency; finance and bonding; wastewater treatment; safe drinking water design and construction firms.
The seminar is sponsored by MATC, Ozaukee Economic Development and Godfrey & Kahn. Seating is limited. Register by calling Sandra Webster at (262) 238-2205. A continental breakfast will be served.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues