The food shelves of Family Sharing of Ozaukee County will be the beneficiary of a healthy food drive to be organized and conducted on Saturday, June 27 by the Ozaukee County Chapter of “Organizing for America” in conjunction with President Obama’s National Day of Health Care Service. The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Non-perishable, healthy food can be dropped at any of these sites:
Marjie Tomter Noreen & Pat Regan
Walkabout Farm 10130 N. Sheridan Dr.
1097 Lake Shore Road Mequon (East)
Town of Grafton
Jan & Rick West Raju Pati
250 W Bridge St W67 N985 Cambridge Ave.
Village of Grafton Cedarburg
Karen Pedderson Mary & Jim Whitt
11720 N. Vega Avenue 10621 N. Hidden Creek Dr.
Mequon (West) Mequon
Jean Woodmansee Amy Otis-Wilborn
13844 N. Port Washington Rd. 233 E. Pier Street
Mequon Port Washington
Suggested healthy food items include: enriched or whole-grain pasta, rice, beans, canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, canned meat & fish, powdered milk, juices and infant formula.
President Obama believes that an important part of health care reform is creating a healthier society. One of the largest problems found in the uninsured population in America is malnutrition, caused not only by lack of food but by lack of nutritious food. The right amount of healthy food gives people the required nutrition to lead a balanced, healthy life.
Family Sharing of Ozaukee County serves the needs of low-income, elderly, and disabled residents of Ozaukee County. Assistance is provided in terms of food, clothing, household items, referrals, community education and other outreach services. The food shelf has become increasingly important to many families, and the shelves are in need of re-stocking. Please join your Ozaukee County friends and neighbors and help fill this critical need in our area. A healthier America benefits all of us.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14