Industry Publication Says Pizza Shuttle’s One Location Sales are Higher than Independent Companies with Five or More Stores
MILWAUKEE, Wis. ---- Milwaukee-based Pizza Shuttle (1827 North Farwell Avenue; http://www.pizzashuttle.com), has been tabbed 2009 Independent Pizzeria of the Year by top pizza industry publication, “Pizza Today,” according to its Mequon-based owner, Mark Gold.
The award is based on the store’s sales, marketing and community involvement and reputation. Pizza Shuttle is the largest grossing one-unit pizzeria out of more than 30,000 independents in the continental United States.
In 2008, Pizza Shuttle was ranked the No. 2 single-unit operator on “Pizza Today’s” annual list of America’s Hot 100 independent pizza operations with $5.75 in sales.
Pizza Shuttle’s owners, Gold and Louis Siecinski are featured on the current mouth-watering “Pizza Today” magazine cover and in a story about the business. Founders of the business that is approaching a quarter-century of pleased pizza patrons, credits its fresh ingredients, employee service and loyal customer base to its success.
Pizza Shuttle markets itself as “Real pizza for real people at real prices.” It’s stuck to that mantra even in the toughest economy in decades, according to Gold.
“Our goal is to have more orders and keep clientele coming in,” Gold said of his store that actually serves 70% of its customers via carryout and delivery. “We won’t skimp on quality, however. It’s tough to maintain high-end product but if at any time we cannot do it right, we just won’t sell it.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14