SEPT. 12 CELEBRATION INCLUDES GARDEN ADVICE FROM MELINDA MYERS, FREE COMMUNITY COOKOUT WITH MAD DOG & MERRILL AND CHANCE TO WIN VIP MILEY CYRUS TICKETS
MEQUON, Wis. – North Shore Bank today announced that it will join its new neighbors, Mequon Jewelers and Lakeshore Flooring & Design, to host a free community grand opening celebration on Saturday, Sept. 12. The family-friendly activities will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the new shopping center at 10806 N. Port Washington Road, next to Stein Gardens & Gifts.
The day’s events include:
• 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Melinda Myers, Stein Gardens & Gifts, “Fall Prep for a Beautiful Spring Garden” presentation followed by a question and answer session
• 10 a.m. – Interior Design session with Gina Young of Red Chair Design at Lakeshore Flooring & Design
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – AWE (Artists Working in Education) Art Truck provides materials and help in creating a masterpiece
• 10 to 11 a.m. – Radio Disney AM1640 Road Crew games and prizes, including a $500 Visa Gift Card and Waverly Place or Jonas Brothers clothing line wardrobe
• 11 a.m. to noon – Storytelling with the Frank L. Weyenberg Library
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. B93.3 Radio, live broadcast with raffles and prizes
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Mad Dog & Merrill, with lunch hot off the grill, plus beverages and desserts
• 1 p.m. – Interior Design session with Linda Metzger of LM Interiors at Lakeshore Flooring & Design
Refreshments, coloring fun and free kids’ tattoos will be available all day, and the first 100 visitors will receive a free mum plant from North Shore Bank. Guests can also enter to win four VIP suite tickets to see Miley Cyrus at the Bradley Center on Oct. 10. (Guests must enter the contest at the event and must be present at the 1 p.m. drawing on Sept. 12 to win.) Additionally, North Shore Bank will have a grand opening drawing with a chance to win free fuel for a year, a Wii gaming package, a $250 Sendik’s shopping spree and more.
The bank will also offer account and CD specials during the grand opening, and guests can run a scoop of change through the self-serve coin counter for deposit to any new savings account, including a child's Seymour Savings account. Account specials, event activities and contest details are available at mequon.northshorebank.com.
“We’re really excited to be a new business in the Mequon community, and we’re looking forward to a fun celebration with our neighbors, customers and friends,” said Jodi Conrad, manager of the new Mequon North Shore Bank. “We encourage everyone to come out, see this beautiful new shopping center and learn what all three businesses have to offer.”
The new branch is Mequon’s first North Shore Bank, and the second branch in Ozaukee County. The bank’s branch in Grafton opened October 2008.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.9 billion and 44 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois. Current Wisconsin branch locations are in Mequon, Grafton, metro Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove and Door County. North Shore Bank also has two Illinois State Bank offices in McHenry County, Ill. To find an office, visit northshorebank.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays