Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Brown Deer is offering several free seminars on health issues that affect thousands of people daily. All classes are held in the Education Center at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Brown Deer at the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Village, 9252 N. Green Bay Road, Brown Deer.
To register, call 1-888-994-3286 Monday through Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm or visit the Classes and Events page at www.mywheaton.org.
Here is a listing of upcoming seminars:
• What’s the matter with my bladder? Thursday, October 22, 6 - 7 pm
Millions of women experience bladder control issues, either leaking urine or a frequent urge to urinate. Is this something you are living with? Don’t let bladder issues disrupt your life. Join Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group urogynecologist, Dr. Dennis Miller, as he discusses the bladder, common problems, and proven solutions. Please register by October 20 to reserve your spot.
• Alternatives to hysterectomy, Wednesday, October 26, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Hysterectomy continues to be one of the most common surgical procedures. Is it always necessary? Dr. Michael Gilman, Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group OB/GYN, discusses the latest treatments for those who may have abnormal uterine bleeding or other conditions where a hysterectomy may be considered. Please register by October 24 to reserve your spot.
• Make the decision to quit smoking, Wednesday, November 11, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Don’t wait for the New Year! Plan to stop smoking today. Join associates from Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare as we help give you the tools to quit smoking. We’ll discuss a quit plan, lifestyle changes, community resources, smoking cessation aids, and more. Please register by November 9 to reserve your spot.
• Moms’ Chat support group, Tuesdays, 10 –11:30 am. No registration required.
Bring baby and enjoy an opportunity to talk with other moms and compare notes! Our RN/lactation consultant leads a discussion of a new parenting topic each week. Dads and grandparents are encouraged to attend, too. This group is for the parents of newborns. Babies are welcome until they become mobile.
About Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare:
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare (WFH) is a Catholic, not-for-profit organization with more than 100 health and shelter organizations in Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado, and Illinois. Started by the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters more than 125 years ago and formally incorporated in 1983, WFH has corporate services offices in Wheaton, Illinois and Glendale, Wisconsin.
In Southeast Wisconsin, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is co-sponsored by the Wheaton Franciscan and Felician Sisters and has nearly 12,000 associates, making it the second largest private employer in the area. Hospitals include All Saints in Racine County; Wheaton Franciscan - St. Joseph and The Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campuses, St. Francis, Franklin Hospital, and Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Milwaukee County; and Elmbrook Memorial in Waukesha County. The region also includes Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group with more than 350 physicians in more than 50 locations, a network of outpatient centers, three transitional and extended care facilities, Home Health, and Hospice.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is also affiliated with Affinity Healthcare in the Fox Valley and United Hospital System in Kenosha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards