Popular Wisconsin on Demand will deliver all the information on Channel 411
MILWAUKEE (October 12, 2009) -- Time Warner Cable Wisconsin will be offering a new, theme-based grouping of channels on its digital cable line-up beginning October 13 for southeast Wisconsin customers. The lineup will organize channels according to the viewing preferences of customers making the experience easier and more enjoyable. Theme categories include Home and Leisure, Sports, Kids and Family, Entertainment and Learning and Discovery.
“Time Warner Cable has changed the channel lineup to make finding favorite channels easier for our customers. For example, all Kids and Family channels will be in the 100’s and all Movies on Demand will be in the 500’s,” said Bev Greenberg, Vice President of Communications and Regional Local programming for Time Warner Cable Wisconsin. “Customers have access to more than 400 channels and by grouping channels in similar categories, it makes the process of finding programming simpler,” Greenberg added.
In addition, Time Warner Cable’s exclusive and popular free on demand channel, Wisconsin on Demand, will be moved to Channel 411 at the time of the digital channel realignment. “It is only fitting that a channel featuring the people, places and happenings in Wisconsin will be found on the channel with the number that has become synonymous with information,” said Greenberg. “Look for Time Warner Cable Wisconsin to add even more unique programming to this channel that has attracted more than 5 million views since its inception.”
An overview of the new Time Warner Cable lineup throughout eastern Wisconsin:
• 2 – 99: Basic and Expanded Basic
• 100 – 399: Digital Categories, grouped into:
o Kids & Family, Learning & Discovery, Home & Leisure, Shopping, Entertainment, Music, Movies, Sports, News & Weather, Faith & Inspiration
• 400 – 499: Free on demand
• 500 – 599: Movies on Demand services
• 600 – 699: Premium Channels
• 700 – 799: Sports Packages and Pay-Per-View
• 800 – 874: Hispanic and International
• 875 – 899: Family Choice channels
• 900 – 974: Digital Music
• 975 – 999: Digital Music
• 991 – 999: Digital broadcast channels
• 1,000 and up: High-definition channels
Time Warner Cable has notified each digital customer and provided them with a print version of the new lineup. Customers can also learn more about the theme-based channel grouping by going to www.twcwisconsin.com and can also view the entire digital lineup in several different fashions on Wisconsin on Demand (currently on channel 1111).
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help