Graphic works on paper by recently deceased artist Cadillac Jones will be exhibited at Landmarks Gallery, 231 N. 76th St. Milwaukee, on Saturday Nov. 7th though Nov. 30th.
Jones singular technique of combining non-linear geometry with vivid contrasting colors and collage elements produces a new look.
Cadillac Jones was exposed to a variety of styles and subject through his early career as a national distributor of graphic prints for various known artists.
His long exposure to the art inspired him to create his own multi-media works, which he sold as well.
Cadillac Jones had been living in Arizona where he died in his sleep about six months ago. His works are now becoming scarce.
The exhibit at Landmarks was planned before the artist's death. Included will be a work entitled "Four Play" with large blocks of color and a work called "Worldwide" which has softer tones. Sizes range from 8"x10" to 30"x30".
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Concordia University Pops Concert
- Lakeshore Symphonic Band Celebrates 40th Season
- Parenting Classes/Workshops - Most are Free
- Just Between Friends’ West Bend Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- IT'S THIS SUNDAY - September 27th - BD Fall Community Rummage Sale
- Let's Dance Masquerade Fundraiser, Oct. 31
- Family Dinner Day 2015
- Big Z: Unique family meal option from Marcus Theatres
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY