Graphic works on paper by recently deceased artist Cadillac Jones will be exhibited at Landmarks Gallery, 231 N. 76th St. Milwaukee, on Saturday Nov. 7th though Nov. 30th.
Jones singular technique of combining non-linear geometry with vivid contrasting colors and collage elements produces a new look.
Cadillac Jones was exposed to a variety of styles and subject through his early career as a national distributor of graphic prints for various known artists.
His long exposure to the art inspired him to create his own multi-media works, which he sold as well.
Cadillac Jones had been living in Arizona where he died in his sleep about six months ago. His works are now becoming scarce.
The exhibit at Landmarks was planned before the artist's death. Included will be a work entitled "Four Play" with large blocks of color and a work called "Worldwide" which has softer tones. Sizes range from 8"x10" to 30"x30".
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- Mequon Resident Makes Theater Debut
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Family Fun Raffle benefiting Ozaukee Family Services
- Innovative Luxury Resale Business Streamlines and Expands Operations
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters