Graphic works on paper by recently deceased artist Cadillac Jones will be exhibited at Landmarks Gallery, 231 N. 76th St. Milwaukee, on Saturday Nov. 7th though Nov. 30th.
Jones singular technique of combining non-linear geometry with vivid contrasting colors and collage elements produces a new look.
Cadillac Jones was exposed to a variety of styles and subject through his early career as a national distributor of graphic prints for various known artists.
His long exposure to the art inspired him to create his own multi-media works, which he sold as well.
Cadillac Jones had been living in Arizona where he died in his sleep about six months ago. His works are now becoming scarce.
The exhibit at Landmarks was planned before the artist's death. Included will be a work entitled "Four Play" with large blocks of color and a work called "Worldwide" which has softer tones. Sizes range from 8"x10" to 30"x30".
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball