Graphic works on paper by recently deceased artist Cadillac Jones will be exhibited at Landmarks Gallery, 231 N. 76th St. Milwaukee, on Saturday Nov. 7th though Nov. 30th.
Jones singular technique of combining non-linear geometry with vivid contrasting colors and collage elements produces a new look.
Cadillac Jones was exposed to a variety of styles and subject through his early career as a national distributor of graphic prints for various known artists.
His long exposure to the art inspired him to create his own multi-media works, which he sold as well.
Cadillac Jones had been living in Arizona where he died in his sleep about six months ago. His works are now becoming scarce.
The exhibit at Landmarks was planned before the artist's death. Included will be a work entitled "Four Play" with large blocks of color and a work called "Worldwide" which has softer tones. Sizes range from 8"x10" to 30"x30".
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WORLD HUNGER RELIEF EVENT
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- March events!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March