Graphic works on paper by recently deceased artist Cadillac Jones will be exhibited at Landmarks Gallery, 231 N. 76th St. Milwaukee, on Saturday Nov. 7th though Nov. 30th.
Jones singular technique of combining non-linear geometry with vivid contrasting colors and collage elements produces a new look.
Cadillac Jones was exposed to a variety of styles and subject through his early career as a national distributor of graphic prints for various known artists.
His long exposure to the art inspired him to create his own multi-media works, which he sold as well.
Cadillac Jones had been living in Arizona where he died in his sleep about six months ago. His works are now becoming scarce.
The exhibit at Landmarks was planned before the artist's death. Included will be a work entitled "Four Play" with large blocks of color and a work called "Worldwide" which has softer tones. Sizes range from 8"x10" to 30"x30".
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- M-T Sunrise Rotary Presents Annual Haunted Hayride
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Girls on the Run 5k "Turkey Trot"
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Homestead and Concordia Alum in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18