All Professional relationships experience some type of conflict. This is normal, natual and sometimes even necessary for growth and development. The Mequon-Thiensville Chamber of Commerce along with Express Employment Professionals and Wisconsin Professional Recruiters Resource is sponsoring a seminar designed to assist supervisors at all management levels learn how to use that inevitable conflict to develop a constructive - not destructive - work environment.
This three and one-half hour session will enhance the leadership skills of anyone in or aspiring to be in a managerial role. Those leaders that weather this economic storm and lead us into the next economic boom, will have managed conflict and change throughout there organization. Learn how to manage your employees through some of the biggest changes of your and their career. Presenter Jack Smalley will discuss the following topics:
*Myths and truths of conflict and the need to change your"old thinkers"
*Sources and resolutions of organizational conflict
*Seven types to conflict resolution and success strategies
*Best team building practices, the leader's role in team managment and change management
*Management's role during communication & implementation
*Successful ways of handling the problem employee
Jack Smalley has devoted his career to the field of human resources. His experience includes executive-level management in a number of different industries such as oil, chemical and packaging. Jack serves as a senior human resources consultant for Express Employment Professionals. He provides human resource training and consulting for nearly 600 Express offices and clients in the U.S. and Canada.
This class will supply continuing education credits to SPHR and PHR members. The seminar will be held at MATC - Mequon location - on Thursday, December 17, 2009. Call the Mequon-Thiensville Chamber at 262-512-9358 or visit www.mtchamber.org for more information or to register for the class.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month